The Burrito Shop

601N Kilgore Street, Kilgore, TX, USA

The Burrito Shop Kilgore Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Good Mexican Oct 22, 2008
The Burrito Shop is one of the great little hometown places where every goes and everyone knows your name, even if they really don’t. From Jessie, the owner to Luther, one of those men who sit at the front table each day drinking coffee and shooting the breeze with at least everyone who comes through the door. I often go in a just sit with Luther and the others and if nothing else, I will get a free meal out of the visit. Not that I am looking for a meal, but they always want to buy me one.

The food is really good. Pretty simple and good. They have burritos and a great hot sandwich, which I can’t spell or pronounce, but everyone seems to like it. They serve you chips and salsa with each meal, even at 7am in the morning. They are really reasonable priced; I would say that they are even cheap.

Jessie keeps the place really clean and all of the girls that work for her are very friendly and attentive. They really work hard o know everyone’s name as well as their order. They always still ask me what I would like and bring me a menu, even though I always seem to order the same thing Taco Salad with brisket and no cheese. The prices are great. You can eat for under $5 and be full. They let you just get up and get all the refills you like. At first I was a bit intimidated, but that is how it works. If you feel that, just get the attention of one of the girls and they will bring you your refills.

This is just a fun place to hang out so it tends to get crowed around 11:45. All of the high school student find their way here at that time. Stop by and enjoy a great burrito and some Kilgore hospitality.
The little shop with big flavor
Seating is limited