The Burning Man

Black Rock City, United States

The Burning Man Black Rock City Reviews

Home sweet home 2012 Nov 23, 2014
Burning Man is a festival in the middle of the Black Rock desert where in the end of august, around 50000 souls summon and enjoy the energy of the caring community. This place is the most surprising thing I have found in US.

People ask me about Burning Man when conversations come that way. Usually I have problem explaining the unexplainable, ever-changing, total freedom, utopia for most of us that go there every year and consider it home.

I do not want to talk about it much because there are already too many people going there for wrong reasons and some kind of commercialism is evident. Good thing is that no matter how many “spring break” goers show up to party and only party there is still incredible experiences to collect. Luckily, it is not easy to get there, and it costs a bit, which usually deters most of the doubters and fake thinkers.
Carnival 2014 Nov 23, 2014
Burning man 2014 showed ugly side of fame and news exposure. It is definitely fashionable to go there these days and to talk to your posh friends how brave you were facing desert and inhospitable wilderness… in your super modern RV… Fake people that can’t leave their fake worlds occupied our utopia… Hopefully they will end up similar to Occupied movement :P

This year art scene was on pretty high level and most of the burns were spectacular events. For example “temple burn” was one of the nicest I have ever seen while “The Man burn” had incredible fireworks display. The festival definitely became overcrowded with more than 65000 populating its streets. It is probably my last US version of the “Man” but luckily offspring’s of the festival spread all over the globe. Nicest ones (I hear) are in New Zealand and South Africa, and also “Nowhere” festival in Spain. Here are some more images from this year burn:
Burning Man 2013 Sep 10, 2013
Alright, call me sucker, but I went to the Burning Man again… and YES I do call it my home. This year art pieces were even better than last year. I simply love HUGE figure of the women in the middle of the playa which was lighten up marvelously during the night. This year theme was a “Cargo Cult” with a huge flying saucer under the “Man” in the center of the playa. Temple was totally spectacular this year with the amazing figure in the middle of the building. There was a bit too many people this year but very enjoyable any way. Weather was simply perfect during the all burn but after rain threat during the last day, too many people tried to leave desert at the same time.
Black Rock City Map