The Burnbrae

0141 942 5951

The Burnbrae Bearsden Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
The Burnbrae Jan 24, 2010
The Burnbrae is part of the Chef and Brewer chain, and is attached to the Premier Inn hotel in Bearsden.

It has a really nice atmosphere and is furnished in old traditional style. Nice feature is the open fires, especially on a cold winters night.

Phoned earlier, but there was no necessity to book a table, and we were seated at a big roomy table when we arrived.

Served with a quick round of drinks before ordering, and was well impressed with the girl serving us as she managed the whole order,of starters and main courses, without having to write any of it down. She got it all spot on.

I went for the Prawn Skewers, but having been out the night before wasn't up to trying anything exciting and wimped out and order a steak burger. Son went for the 'Taste Of Haggis' starter, while the ladies shared an Anti Pasti dish.

Just the right amount of time allowed between courses, and the waitress was over regularly ensuring we had a constant supply of drinks.

Daughter was as adventurous as I was and had a burger as well, while my wife went for a steak, and as is his habit our son went for the most expensive thing on the menu :D a Surf and Turf Teryaki, both of which were cooked exactly as they had requested.

After allowing time for all that to settle we ordered a few desserts, mostly the chocolate overkill types.

They had a really good selection on the wine list, and not overpriced, and also had a selection of beers to choose from.

Had been taking pictures over the course of the evening, even my kids have the TB habit of taking pictures of their meals, and as a nice touch the girl had clocked this and offered to take a picture of the four of us.

Well worth a visit for anyone who is in the area and wants to enjoy a meal in a nice relaxing atmosphere.
The Burnbrae
Burnbrae Bar
Restaurant Table
Beer garden and Hotel
huibdos says:
I take that on.

Posted on: Jan 25, 2010

Compare Arrochar Hotel Rates (4.1km away)

The Burnbrae Map