The Bulldog Palace

www.bulldog.nl - 020 627 1908

The Bulldog Palace Amsterdam Reviews

suusjeg suusjeg
Aug 11, 2007
Downstairs is a coffeeshop. Upstairs is the disco bar.

On mondays and tuesdays it;s Karoake night, always fun to watch.

Music is very commercial.
Rokerij Rokerij
My Favorite Spot To Relax Aug 27, 2006
One thing that most locals will be quick to point out is that the Bulldog is a tourist trap. Sure, maybe that is true. I mean it is usually full of mostly tourists, but really is that a bad thing? People are people, and if the bud is good and beers are flowing how can you complain?

My favorite part of this place is the amazing Leidseplein sqaure where you are constantly being entertained by street performers, random strangers stoned for their first time, veterans stoned for their millionth time, dogs wandering inside, and just random people watching in general. This place has a patio that overlooks this sqaure and is covered from the rainy days (which are often).

I've been to many places recommended by locals and yeah they were amazing. Usually quite a bit smaller, the bud selection is usually quite a bit larger, definitely less busy. I can't say anything bad about those places. But I can say that I am constantly drawn back into the Bulldog on each of my 6 visits and wouldn't miss it on my next 50. It is now what we consider the starting point to our rotation (Read my FEBO review for a definition of the "rotation")

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals