The Brooklyn WareHouse

2795 Windsor Street, Halifax, Canada

The Brooklyn WareHouse Halifax Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Brooklyn Warehouse Mar 08, 2010
Always heard rave reviews about this restaurant, but on Thursday when I finally found myself dining there, I was highly disappointed. I ordered the vegan carbonara which sounded delicious, but when the first bite of portobello mushroom, mushroom and broccoli hit my stomach I immediately excused myself to the ladies room.

The atmosphere is great and I tried some dishes of the people who I was with, and they weren't all that bad. I haven't completely knocked it off my list yet, maybe I'll give it one more go and let you know how it turns out.
BrooklynHalifax says:
Hi d2amy:

It is our policy to log every complaint or comment made about our food and service. Sometimes we don't get a chance to make things right at the table, for different reasons - and sometimes we don't find out until we come across a review or online comment such as yours.

I'm disappointed that your Vegan Carbonara didn't live up to your expectations. All of the ingredients are made fresh daily - including the Portobellos. The smoked tofu is supplied twice weekly from Local Source Market on Charles, and we've never had any problems with the product.

To my recollection - your's is the first misgiving ever of the dish - most everyone raves about it (especially in our comment book).

I'm glad you still gave us 3 stars out of 5 and that you haven't given up on us yet. I also enjoyed reading your comments on some of the other places you've been to - especially The PaperChase, which I was part owner of many, many... well, you know.

Thanks again for your comments,
Brooklyn Warehouse