The Broadway Market

999 Broadway, Buffalo, NY, USA - (716) 893-0705

The Broadway Market Buffalo Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
The Broadway Market Nov 27, 2009
Historically the Broadway Market was the marketplace used by polish immigrants in buffalo. It holds a special place in my heart because it is by the home of my great grandma who emigrated from Poland, and is in a former major polish neighborhood. Today it has been overtaken by the woes of inner-city buffalo, and the area around it is fairly dangerous. Luckily it has a large parking garage to prevent any contact with the outside world.

One of the interesting parts of the Broadway market is the drive around it. The whole area has been overtaken with immigration, the new wave of immigrants into buffalo are from the Islamic world. So if you check out the area, there are a lot of abandoned catholic churches that are now mosques!

However about the market: You need to go to it during one of the many events that it holds or it is just filled with a few lonely old people and a lot of merchants desperate for some business. In fact I had a cougar coffee seller on me like I was Johnny Depp and she was kathe lee githard.... of course we are much uglier people than that!

The market is a good place to get a number of items. My favourite are the perogies since there are a number of perogie dealers.

The most unique item is the homemade fresh horseradish for those spicy food lovers.

The coolest thing though is the selection of meats! There are many unique meats with cuts that are fairly difficult to find. I also located some buffalo bacon!

The broadway market is not as spectacular as many public markets but it does have charms, and is downright fun during some of the events it holds. Also it seems to be a good place to meet women, and if you get bored you can step outside and I'm sure you can find some crack cocaine!
various smoked meats
everyone came to see the meat
polish flag