The Britons Protection

0161 236 5895

The Britons Protection Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
The Briton's Protection Mar 02, 2010
The Briton's Protection is such a good pub that I am actually wondering if I should review it, in case you all go and see it and it gets busy and crowded. I almost want to keep it to myself.

It is very definately a pub. There is no music, and no sports screen. The decoration has probably not changed significantly since the invention of electric lights; I suspect the lights are in fact cunningly adapted gas fittings. There is no chrome anywhere.

It is totally fantastic. The pub has a number of cozy small rooms, most of which have coal fires. The bar has a great selection of cask conditioned ale (which is MEANT to be warmish, or at least not cold) which is obviously properly kept. There is also an incredible selection of malt whisky. There might be lager and there is definately vodka, but I would ignore them personally.

The seats are comfortable. The service is fine.

I have heard encouraging rumours that they occasionally cook pies. I will find out more and get back to you all.

This place is perfect.
TravellingAuntie says:
I know what you mean about sharing favorite spaces. When I started travelling back in the 70s almost everything was off the beaten path. Now with Lonely Planet and websites like this, one has to work really hard to find them.
Posted on: Mar 22, 2010