The Breslin Bar and Dining Room

20 West 29th Street, New York, NY, USA

The Breslin Bar and Dining Room New York Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Cool low-key mellow spot in downtown Jan 08, 2012
There were probably more locals here than tourists or visitors. I ended up at the Breslin because it was recommended that I go to the John Dory bar at the Ace hotel. My friend is a vegan and didn't like the way the oysters smelled, so we backtracked to the lobby and chilled there. We found a comfy spot on the couch and ordered drinks and fries.

It's dark and there are several spaces in the bar and dining room of the Breslin. There are several table slinked together where 8 people could get together and work on a volunteer project; there is space to spread out and enough light to see. Behind that, it's a bit darker and more comfy. There's a small DJ booth with a live DJ right next to the kitchen.

The decor is modern-old-America with a HUGE US flag on the back wall and stain glass windows in part of the ceiling. There was a photo booth, but we didn't see anyone using it, so don't know if it was broken. There was a great crowd hanging around and it really was a nice chilled out spot to be without feeling the rush of sitting at a bar or the crowd of a club. We absolutely loved the DJ and he played ole school hip hop, alternative, pop, top 40, hip-hop, reggae, and some other genres of music-it was really chill.

I classified it as expensive in that a cup of fries (which were REALLY good!) were $7 and there were some things on the menu I couldn't pronounce, spell, or think I could eat without regurgitating.
There own DJ
Ha, ha, ha-we appreciate the warni…

Check New York Hotel Deals