The Blue Room

The Blue Room - St Mirren v Rangers game

The Blue Room New York Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
The Blue Room Jan 28, 2010
Had been advised about this place before I went and wasn't disappointed. Was in twice and both times were just as good.

I went because they show Scottish football games, in particular Glasgow Rangers matches, and I got to see a game from home while I was there 8).

At $3 for a pint it was as good as I found in my time in New York, and they have a specialty called Atomic Wings, bits of chicken in a real spicy sauce. I took the smallest portion ( about $8) and couldn't finish them all.

Second time I got a bowl of chilli,about $6, and both times it was really tasty and filling.

Plenty of screens around the bar to watch games, sometimes different events. Very laid back atmosphere, though it was busier with a lot of locals in second time around.

Both occasions the bar staff were really friendly, and it's a good place to grab something cheap if you are doing the Roosevelt Island Tramway. Just sorry I never made it back after the second night, but would definately go back next time I will be in New York.
The Blue Room
Out Window to 2nd Ave
St Mirren v Rangers game
Atomic Wings
Dr_Seuss says:
Don't think I finished any meal the whole time I was there, even the most expensive one :O.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010
huibdos says:
I certainly am glad your review is from the Blue Room and not from the Dark Room:)
If you would try to eat the 12$ portions, you would grow accustomed to them but then, after some while, you would need 2 seasons tickets for the Glasgow Rangers
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010