The Blanco Renaissance Museum

campuan, Ubud, Indonesia - (0361) 975502

The Blanco Renaissance Museum Ubud Reviews

turbo7880 turbo7880
One of the nicest museums that I have ever been to Mar 11, 2015
Not only is this a great museum, but this is the home of Mario Blanco, artist and son of artist Maestro Don Antonio Blanco. I do not remember the cost of what I paid to get into the museum, but it was not that much. You also get a free beverage at the restaurant when you enter the museum. My taxi driver had an idea on where the museum was but was off by a street, but I still made it.

What a wonderful place in general. The location is beautiful with trees and different kinds of birds. It was really full of life. There is a bird handler where you can take pictures with some of Blanco’s birds. It was great. The entrance to the museums is magnificent. When you enter the museum you are asked to put away your cameras and phones. The museum is two floors of paintings. The paintings are wonderful. Spoiler alert, you do see lots of women’s parts. Blanco made a lot of painting with his muses in the nude. Once you get to the second floor, you can climb up an outdoor staircase and get a spectacular view of Ubud. All in all you see approximately 100 paintings from Don Antonio and Mario.

Once you get though Blanco’s museum you are invited to walk through his studio where Mario now paints. It is a marvelous studio full of even more paintings.

This museum can be a fast walk through or you can easily be there for several hours. The museum is well designed and simplistic at the same time. The paintings are beautiful and the explanations are very to the point.

Of all the museums that I visited in Bali, this was my favorite one. The art was just fantastic, the mood was great. I am not an art snob, but I really just liked this museum.

Check Ubud Hotel Deals