174 Queen, London, United Kingdom
+44 020 7236 5474

The Black Friar London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great ambiance and atmosphere Mar 18, 2012
I passed this pub when I entered from the subway the first evening and I told myself that had to visit the place at a later stage of my short stay, because there were loads of people there and many were outside smoking, so I guessed it was a special place.

I therefore finally entered the place as the last stop on my stay. The reason that I wanted to visit the place was due the odd shape of the building; it looked like a piece of cake.

Inside is was pretty dark and cozy in a strange way. The walls were covered with pictures and carvings of friars. There were not many seats but they actually served food in on of the corners.

It was a place where you could enjoy a clod beer or a cup coffee and just enjoy the interiors because there were enough to look at.

It was also feasible to sit outside and have a beer but given the weather it was only the smokers outside. On the front of the odd shaped building there was man sized figure of a black chubby friar looking like he was pulled out of a Robin Hood movie. It is a pub well worth visiting especially for the interior and the odd shape of the place
Chokk says:
I liked the place as well - did not know that! - or I forgot it!!
Posted on: Apr 04, 2012