The Birmingham Mail Wheel

Centenary Square, Birmingham, United Kingdom

The Birmingham Mail Wheel Reviews

louiseketley louiseke…
The Birmingham Mail Wheel Feb 12, 2010
The wheel is back! I hadn't been on the wheel in Birmingham since the previous one was there (approximately 3 years ago).

Located in Centenary Square in Birmingham, gives a bird's eye view of the city.

To go on the wheel, it was £6.50 for adults; £5 for students/OAPs; £4.50 for children (4-16 years old), £1 children (between 1-3); free for under 1's; £18 (family ticket, 2 adults, 2 children). At the end, they offer you a photo pack you can buy, which costs £10, it includes 2 large photographs and 4 small photographs.

I had a friend staying from France, and decided it would be a good way of seeing the whole city, but I was so wrong - the weather was awful, and there is a lot of construction in Birmingham (not finished until 2013 and the wheel goes at the end of February). I think the wheel is a great idea, but at the time of year and current state of the city, it wasn't as impressive as I know it can be.
mslellen says:
No, we didn't go on, it was so overcast when we were there. On a clearer day we went to a bar/restaurant on the top of an office building. I don't remember the name of it, and it was expensive, but the view was awesome and we were so much higher up.
Posted on: Feb 13, 2010
louiseketley says:
Yeah, it's like that, but I imagine the one here in Birmingham is much smaller. I took photos of it, but for some reason can't upload them at the minute so I'll have to do it ASAP. Did you go on the London eye?

Posted on: Feb 13, 2010
mslellen says:
Is a wheel the same as what we call a Ferris Wheel, like the one in London?
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010