The Birmingham Mail Wheel

Centenary Square, Birmingham, United Kingdom

The Birmingham Mail Wheel Reviews

louiseketley louiseke…
The Birmingham Mail Wheel Feb 12, 2010
The wheel is back! I hadn't been on the wheel in Birmingham since the previous one was there (approximately 3 years ago).

Located in Centenary Square in Birmingham, gives a bird's eye view of the city.

To go on the wheel, it was £6.50 for adults; £5 for students/OAPs; £4.50 for children (4-16 years old), £1 children (between 1-3); free for under 1's; £18 (family ticket, 2 adults, 2 children). At the end, they offer you a photo pack you can buy, which costs £10, it includes 2 large photographs and 4 small photographs.

I had a friend staying from France, and decided it would be a good way of seeing the whole city, but I was so wrong - the weather was awful, and there is a lot of construction in Birmingham (not finished until 2013 and the wheel goes at the end of February). I think the wheel is a great idea, but at the time of year and current state of the city, it wasn't as impressive as I know it can be.
mslellen says:
No, we didn't go on, it was so overcast when we were there. On a clearer day we went to a bar/restaurant on the top of an office building. I don't remember the name of it, and it was expensive, but the view was awesome and we were so much higher up.
Posted on: Feb 13, 2010
louiseketley says:
Yeah, it's like that, but I imagine the one here in Birmingham is much smaller. I took photos of it, but for some reason can't upload them at the minute so I'll have to do it ASAP. Did you go on the London eye?

L.
Posted on: Feb 13, 2010
mslellen says:
Is a wheel the same as what we call a Ferris Wheel, like the one in London?
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010