The Best Riverside Guesthouse

Check Kanchanaburi Hotel Deals

The Best Riverside Guesthouse Kanchanaburi Reviews

amylaichareonsup amylaich…
Clean, cheap, on the river Oct 03, 2014
The Best Riverside Guesthouse is pretty awesome for what it is, budget acommodation. It's, by no means, a fancy hotel, but it's inviting, cheerful, and extremely clean. No hot water, but great water pressure. I wasn't aware of this, but the scrupulously clean toilet is of the non-flushing variety, there's a good ol' bucket and scoop. Deal with it. The room is $12/night in rural Thailand so what do you expect? Back to cleanliness again, I heard a housekeeper scrub down a recently vacated room for an extremely long time, and my own room was spotless when I got here. Ocd housekeepers are always a good thing.

Sheets were good smelling and pristine, as were the towels which were in the shape of hearts on the comfy bed. Free water was provided, as was toilet paper and soap, and there were two electrical outlets in my room. One of the staff actually walked me to my room when I checked in and came in with me to make sure everything was in working order.

The layout of the guesthouse is great, it's a floating guesthouse surrounded by a river scattered with bright pink lotuses which bloom early in the morning. It's breezy and relaxing, and there is patio furniture in front of each guestroom. There's also a little shop in the lobby that sells cold drinks and snacks, as well as a coffee shop in the front of the building. There was always staff around, and it felt very secure.

The only downside to my stay was the walls were paper thin. When anyone would walk by, the entire room would creak and rock back and forth. I could hear my neighbours' every eyelash flutter. There was also loud pulsating bass from nearby nightlife; the bass got progressively more violent the later it got in the night. I fell asleep anyway so it didn't matter that much.

The guesthouse is located a bit away from everything, but there are moto taxis scattered about on the main roads. It's a nice town to stroll around on foot though, except for some scary packs of dogs in certain areas. I also wanted to mention that there aren't very many tourists in this area, as the majority flock to River Kwai Road, which is also what makes this area more quiant and charming. Besides the handful of restaurants (mostly of the floating variety) nearby the guesthouse, there is a huge area (Torung Market) filled with street vendors (cheap & delicious eats) near the clock tower in town, less than a kilometer away from the guesthouse. All in all, a pleasant stay.

Check Kanchanaburi Hotel Deals