The Belvedere Hotel Dublin

Check Dublin Hotel Deals

The Belvedere Hotel Dublin Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
Belvedere Hotel Apr 06, 2009
The Belvedere Hotel is a typical 3-star hotel. Nothing fancy but a place to drop your bags and crash if need be. It is near the O'Connell street area and takes roughly 5-8 minutes of casual walking to get to it. Since the hotel is in the city centre, you must rely on a taxi or bus to get you to the airport, unless you have a friend or relative that currently lives and works in Dublin who can hook you up.

Service: Service was okay. The desk clerk gave me a bit of a hard time when I did check out. He said I needed to pay for my stay there when I already prepaid the amount online when I made the reservation weeks ago. Somehow he didn't believe me after I showed him the print-out listing the amount and the confirmation number. I'm sorting this out behind-the-scenes now.

Lobby: An average-looking lobby. The carpet-covered wooden floors creaks loudly when you approach the front desk. There is a small lounge area and a computer to check your emails or surf the net if you need to.

Value: Dublin isn't cheap at all so naturally the value wasn't to my expectations for this 3-star hotel. But, you get what you pay for, right?

Depending on what corridors you walk through you can smell a hint of smoke or a "sewer"-like smell. If you are a smoker and work in a water treatment facility I guess this shouldn't bother you....lol!

The Room: The room (for the most part) was clean. The bathroom was very clean. I had no problems there. The room was very spacious for my needs...well, at least the room I was assigned to. I can't speak for the other rooms.

I took a couple of pictures of the bed but for some reason they didn't come out good at all so I didn't add them to this review. The bed and its sheets, pillows, and duvet cover were clean. The bed was a little too firm for me but I slept okay.

The room contains a color tv with remote and the typical basic channels you would expect to find in a hotel.

There is no mini-bar (at least in the room I was in).

Amenities: There is a bar and restaurant located in the hotel. I didn't bother going there during my stay.

Nothing more to add. If I had a choice of staying in a hotel in Dublin, I would have chosen another hotel.
Main Entrance
Front Desk
Part of the lobby
My room...what the hell is Flander…

The Belvedere Hotel Dublin Overview

An ideal hotel in Dublin for a business traveler, the Belvedere Dublin is less than a mile from the commercial, government and financial districts. Because all of the cultural, entertainment, shopping and dining areas are located within the center of the city too, this makes it a good choice for the leisure traveler also. The Belvedere Dublin Hotel is located on Great Denmark Street and is approximately five miles from the Dublin International Airport.

The rooms within the Belvedere Dublin provide the visitor with beverage stations and minibars, personal safes, satellite TV, high-speed Internet access, full bathrooms with luxury power showers, direct dial phones with voicemail features and wake up calls when needed.

The Belvedere Hotel Dublin offers all guests many facilities and services to enjoy during their stay, and these include meeting and conference facilities, a tour desk, on-site parking, popular bar and lounge, in-house restaurant, room service, and child care services.

The Belvedere Hotel Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels