The Bedouin Meditation Camp

The Bedouin Meditation Camp Wadi Rum Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
Desert Tranquility Jul 05, 2014
~Nov/Dec 2012

After a 1.5 hour bus ride(7 JD) from Petra we pull up to the entrance of Wadi Rum and the Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Here we pay 5 JD to enter Wadi Rum Protected Area and after a short drive are dropped at the headquarters of The Bedouin Meditation Camp owned by Zedane Al-Zalabieh, a pioneer in tourism for the region. I was greeted by his sons Eghab and Muhammad who are two of the most easy going people you can meet.

After a couple of hours of waiting for all parties to do their respective leaving and arriving I was on my way for a jeep tour of the desert with two girls from England. We stopped at a spring, Lawerence of Arabia's house, dunes, rock bridges, canyons and plenty of inscriptions. Lunch in the desert with Bedouin Whiskey(swwweeeeet tea) in between getting to camp in time to wash and enjoy the beautiful sunset.

Later we were treated to a wonderful dinner that was cooked under the sand (Zarb). After a couple servings I excused myself from the conversations over tea and retired to my personal tent that came supplied with sheets, pillows and warm blankets for the cool desert night. The stars are just fantastic here, like I have never seen before.

I should mention there is no power here but there are washroom facilities, both euro and squat, showers heated by the sun and a wash sink. The truck goes to the main office every morning so if you need to charge batteries it can be done then. Otherwise a flashlight and good book should do.

The sons and staff here are nothing but great. Chill has a new definition now. All this with breakfast in the morning for 35JD. By far the best deal in all of Jordan.

After breakfast I felt so at peace I extended my stay another night and went on a camel trek that day. An unforgettable experience. If traveling to Jordan a Wadi Rum tour is not to be missed and it would be greatly enhanced spending your time at BMC.
sand dunes
inscriptions
rock formations
from rock bridge
joehobo says:
Day trip and got to see some herdsmen
Posted on: Jul 10, 2014
sarahsan says:
Great review of a wonderful place! We only did a day trip in the Wadi Rum! Wish we had spent the night!
Posted on: May 11, 2013