The Beaches...

The Beaches... Reviews

amaude amaude
Jan 08, 2008
Palau is hands down, the most beautiful place that I have ever been to. Palau is an archipelago that consists of more than 70 rock islands. If you are to travel there, make sure that you go on as many snorkel or scuba tours that you can. At the time that I went, I was not Scuba Certified which I really regret. So if you are going to venture to Palau, make sure you are certified so that you can see some of the best diving in the world. Diver Certified or not, you need to go on a snorkel tour that goes to Jelly Fish Lake (you can only snorkel at this spot). This was probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. A boat takes you to one of the many islands that makes up Palau, then you must get out and hike for about 10 minutes to get to the lake (very minor hike). Once at the lake you dive in and are surrounded by millions of jelly fish. Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention, the jelly fish can’t sting. It is the only place in the world where this phenomenon occurres. Anyways, it is a bit scary at first and many are skeptical as to whether the jelly fish can sting or not. But once you become comfortable, it is a truly surreal experience. I urge everyone who goes to Micronesia to visit Palau and especially the Jelly Fish Lake!
bernard69 says: