The Baths

Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands

The Baths Virgin Gorda Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
The Baths of Virgin Gorda, BVI Feb 02, 2015
We took a Princess Cruise Ship To Tortola BVI. We took a ship excursion to the Baths at Virgin Gorda.

We started with a small boat ride to Virgin Gorda. Then we took a very long steep downhill walk on a steep dangerous trail to the Baths just offshore from a consession stand that rented snorkle gear and lockers. They were not friendly and somewhat rude at the consession stand.

We went through much to get there and this would be our only chance for our lifetime (we would never again take that long walk) so we used the services of the consession stand and went snorkling at Gorda; definately not the best snorkling, but it was enjoyable. They had a beautiful beach more in line for swimming and wadeing. There were large rock boulders in the waters giving the Baths some exclusive charm.

Finally we retrieved our gear and drinking water from the locker and gave them back their snorkle gear.

Then it was time for the very long uphill walk up to the transportation. The trail was long and had very steep steps uphill. I am disabled and should not have taken this excursion as it took over an hour of hard walking for me (and extreme help from Sylvia) to clear the trail uphill. My water was long gone and got new water after the long hard walk.

The boat ride back to Tortola was very nice.
Virgin Gorda, BVI
Trevor_Wilson Trevor_W…
Must do! May 31, 2011
I have added The Baths to one of those places that everyone should see before they die. This place is amazing.

I lived down in the Caribbean for over a year and in the entire time I was there this was the best place I went by far. The rocks are huge and the wild life is plentiful. I saw some hawk nose sea turtles, a few nurse sharks and enough fish to carpet the ocean floor.

The trails to hike on through the caves blow your mind, and are quite fun to get lost in.

I would recommend spending the morning climbing around in the rocks then go snorkeling for a few hours. Then go for a hike. There are some nice secluded places if you keep walking through the caves and continue past the second beach. Do it. It’s wonderful over there.
vijess7 vijess7
Natural Wonders of the Caribbean Mar 05, 2011
The Baths are a group of large granite boulders that are stacked along the East End of Virgin Gorda, BVI. The waters are crystal clear and the large rocks form little caves to explore. There are ropes and stairs located throughout the caves now to make exploration easier (now it just means more people) Bring a waterproof camera... photo ops are plenty. Even Victoria Secret have done shoots here!

Related Travel Blogs About The Baths

The Baths Of Virgin Gorda
Our next leg of this trip was to visit the famous Baths of Virgin Gorda!   The taxi dropped us off at a trailhead near a restaurant, and we gathered under a gazebo-like structure where our …Baths of Virgin Gorda!   The taxi dropped us off at a trailhead near a restaurant, and we gathered…
A Dip in The Baths
Virgin Gorda is famous for the seaside granite rock formation known as The Baths. I'd seen picture of The Baths and knew that a trip to see the huge boulders amid pools of water was one thing I …Virgin Gorda is famous for the seaside granite rock formation known as The Baths . I'd seen picture of The Baths
The Baths, a beautiful sailing day, and the Bitter End
Today we got up before sunrise to make our way over to the Baths on Virgin Gorda.  Uncle Greg had regaled us with tales of when he was a captain here years ago and would take his charter guests …Baths on Virgin Gorda.  Uncle Greg had regaled us with tales of when he was a captain here years…

Check Virgin Gorda Hotel Deals