The Barn

Smithville, Ohio
The Barn - The restaurants
The Barn - Momma and Babies
The Barn - Entrance
The Barn - Feed the ducks!
The Barn - Duck Butts

The Barn Smithville Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
A great place to eat - a little out of the way Jul 08, 2007
The best part of The Barn restaurant was the ground surrounding the building. There was a very nicely landscaped pond and gazebo. The flowers were beautiful despite the unusually dry summer. The food was very good. Nothing out of this world, but good. Between the two of us, my husband and I had a ham steak dinner, a cheeseburger, and a MONSTER soup / salad / homemade bread bar for less than $25 including tip.

There are two parts to the restaurant, an All-You-Can-Eat buffet, and a menu portion with a supurb salad bar. We opted for the menu side.

In the regular restaurant, I would recommend the salad bar, it was HUGE, fresh, and had a great selection. By the time I had been to the salad bar a couple times, I wished I hadn't ordered the burger. While the meals were good, they were not outstanding. Understandably, they serve literally hundreds of people at a time! The atmosphere really makes this restaurant stand out. We spent over 2.5 hours browsing through the shops, looking around the grounds, and eating. The service was very friendly.

If you're in the area, I would say stop and eat. The only reason we stopped here was because it was Sunday and the Amish restaurants in the area are closed. If you're in this area, be sure to drive through Amish country. Nearby attractions also include the Smuckers (Jelly) factory / store and Smith Dairy.
The restaurants