The Bakehouse: Bakery & Eatery

6 Bachelors Walk, Dublin, Ireland - 01-8734279

The Bakehouse: Bakery & Eatery Dublin Reviews

jack_nel jack_nel
Early or late, great place! Sep 18, 2012
I randomly chose the place from looks and proximity to my hotel. It has a cafe type look from the outside, but it's quite nice, clean, and spacious on the inside.

I figured it would be low key and relaxing after romping around Dublin all day. It's a daytime coffee shop and bakery and in the evening a cozy restaurant. Low light and candles.

No reservations on a Fri night (typical for me), full house (about 30 seats), but they sat me right away as a table was cashing out. Prompt and friendly greetings. Three servers on the floor, and even though they were busy, all either said hello or gave a smile and wave.

A free appetizer of sweet potato crisps (chips) was brought out. Thin cut, crispy, and just the right amount of salty.

Quick to take my drink order and did try to give wine suggestions.

A Spanish wine by the glass, I thought it was unremarkable. (server did say she wasn't a white wine drinker)

Ordered an Irish salmon fillet with capers, peas, whipped potatoes and wedges of grilled tomato.

It's not an extravagant dish, but the salmon is nice sized portion, buttery with a nice zest of lemon, firm and very tasty. The potatoes are creamy and have that comfort food satisfaction.

I crushed it! Full of flavor, but not really heavy, which is key if heading out to experience the Dublin pubs (which I did).

The only negative was it took them a good 10 mins to bring me the check after I requested it (not a major issue).

Prices: 6.75 wine, 14.95 salmon.

I popped in for coffee in the morning, but ended up sitting at the small outdoor seating area and ordering breakfast.

They told me to take a seat outside, but then forgot about me...when I poked my head back in the girl realized what she had done and I thought she was going to cry! She genuinely felt bad. I made sure to tease here about it throughout breakfast until she was able to laugh about it.

Breakfast: Ordered the pancakes with blueberries, bananas and honey. Also, a cappuccino. The fresh fruit and pancakes were great! When I asked for the bill I received it immediately and three of the staff brought it mock begging me to forgive them and gave me a nice, big almond muffin as am apology for forgetting me.

Both breakfast and dinner were quite good, I recommend the Bakehouse. Minor service errors were made up for with friendly and personable staff.
The Bakehouse, Dublin, Ireland. V…
jack_nel says:
Thanks all!

As for the server, she absolutely made up for it and was a great sport when I joked with her about it.
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!:D
Vikram says: