The Backpackers Ritz of Johannesburg

Check Johannesburg Hotel Deals

The Backpackers Ritz of Johannesburg Reviews

debcon debcon
First night of tour May 21, 2011
I stayed here the beginning of November last year. We booked here as this was where our Acacia Africa tour began and also we had a pre departure meeting the evening before.

I can't comment on the dorms as we stayed in a private room ( which was nice ). As for bathrooms, it's not so bad however if your in the shower and someone goes to the toilet it's not so nice!

The common room was comfortable and there was a swimming pool and plenty of space to walk about. I can't say anything about the bar as I didnt go in it.
The hostel
tridantri tridantri
The Ritz Backpackers Nov 28, 2009
The Ritz Backpackers of Johannesburg is located away from the dangers of the city centre and instead is in a safe, clean neighbourhood. There are shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas, banks and supermarkets nearby and it is safe to walk the streets.

The hostel is more expensive than others and this is reflected in its quality. The common room is comfortable and there is internet access available. There is also a bar in the ‘dungeon’ which has a great atmosphere.

The hostel can arrange a number of tours for you, such as a tour of Soweto or rhino safaris.

If you don’t mind paying a bit extra then this hostel is a good choice.

Related Travel Blogs About The Backpackers Ritz of Johannesburg

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Ritz to shame. 5 Rand each came the response. (6 drinks at 35p each was not going to be a problem). So   I drove through trying to negotiate being…

Check Johannesburg Hotel Deals