The BEST Place in the World!

Balmorhea, Texas

The BEST Place in the World! Balmorhea Reviews

cutetwirler cutetwir…
Sep 17, 2007
My family and I visited here on our road trip around Texas and Arizona and this was BY FAR the best place we've ever been to.

It's a national reserve park in which you can camp or hitch your RV in for the night. You can also use the 'swimming pool' during the day if you're around.

I say 'swimming pool' because that is the closest thing I have in my vocabulary to describe the coolness that is the pool. It's a 20ft deep pond with a high diving board, and turtles (if you spot them), cat fish and other fish for you to swim with. I happily spent 3 hours in there with a snorkel looking at all the lovely fish.

If you go there I highly recommend going to the little river/pond thing as there are lots of very rare fish in there. Take some bread for the fish to eat and you'll see some amazing sights. The fish all fight for the bread and break it up. Then the snakes come along!!!

Please, if you're in the area, make a stop here. You wont regret it.
Our RV in the park.
Me and my sister by the 'pool', lo…
photomistic says:
right on. i grew up in texas and every summer i went camping with my dad and friends in big bend, and we always made balmorhea one of our stops for camping and swimming. being in the middle of absolute nowhere makes it a great place to watch meteor showers too..cheers!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2007