The Austin Grill

750 E Street NW , Washington, DC, USA

The Austin Grill Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Pick somewhere else, bad idea, bad idea, bad idea!!!! Jul 11, 2010
I stopped by because I patron the one they have in Silver Spring, MD...bad idea.

Kayla is the last waitress I would ever want serving me and if you go eat here after reading this review, I hope she is gone by then. The other staff were not much better. It wasn't that crowded, how hard could it be to take care of 2 additional customers!

We walked in and the guy at the desk led us to sit in a booth (which most people enjoy); I asked if we could sit near a window (it was a nice day), he asked if we'd like to sit at a tall table in the bar area. Great recommendation, thanks, we did. He kept the menus and we went to go sit. I twiddled my thumbs a while. A waitress, I only presumed to be ours since we saw her wandering around the bar area, was standing talking to the guy at the entry desk. I was wondering where our menus were and I ended getting back up after waiting a while to get get the menus back from him. She eventually came over and took our order.

My friend had finished his glass of water and Kayla asked him if he wanted more and for him to hand her the glass so she could refill it. This required him getting up and walking about 3 feet to reach the bar. Instead, she should have walked out from behind the bar to come get his glass or to bring the pitcher. But, she ended up turning around to talk to someone else and my friend was left holding his glass out to no one. He sat back down and she soon turned around and asked for the glass back.

I order cheese quesadillas. The menu tells you it's $9 with chicken and since I wanted them plain, the waitress said it'd be $7 or $8. She billed me $9 and I had to ask to speak to someone else. The menu also says it comes with pico de gallo. My plate came without it and I asked another waitress for some and she told me it came without. I flipped open the menu and it's right on there, she went to get some (I hope she didn't spit in it).

We had finshed eaten and had to virtually light my friend on fire to get her attention as she was eating 2 tables away. It was worst when she popped out of her chair to serve 2 friends of hers that walked in while we sitting there waiting for our bill-hello!!!

I can't believe some of the people in there can hold a job. Don't eat here, maybe bar service is fine, who can go wrong with a frozen margarita, just don't eat here.

(It's late and I'm tired, but wanted to write my review-if something has been spelled wrong, I'll fix it later)
SpunkyLilBoo SpunkyLi…
Sep 06, 2006
The atmosphere is fun and light. Very casual type of restaurant. The staff is exceptionally friendly. A great place to grab a burger with some rice and beans. If you like tex-mex, you'll love this place.
travelman727 says:
Thanks for the great review! It's hard to beat a Tex-Mex burger combination!
Posted on: Oct 06, 2006