The Atlantean

Check Bar Harbor Hotel Deals

The Atlantean Bar Harbor Reviews

mouzouris mouzouris
Excellent Bed & Breakfast May 09, 2011
This was my first time staying in a bed & breakfast and it was a very pleasant experience. The hosts (Gary and Heidi) were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The breakfasts are vegetarian which i was a little cautious about at the beginning but Gary out did himself.

We stayed in the "Edgemere" room which was very spacious and had an updated bathroom (each room was named after a mansion that no longer exists in Bar Harbor today). The house itself was built in 1903. Also Free Wi-Fi was available.

I would highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast, the location is right off Main Street. Close enough to walk to everything but far enough to be away from all the noise.
allield allield
"Unique, quaint travel experience" Feb 27, 2008
The Atlantean is the first B&B that I've ever stayed in & it was one of the best travel experiences I've ever had. The owners are extremely friendly, but not overbearing. I was a little nervous that I'd be ransacked by the owners, but I think they strike a nice balance of being friendly, helpful with any questions/suggestions, and actually getting involved a little more in your travel experience if you want them to. They have lots of brouchures & information about Bar Harbor (which is a very quick walk from their front door) & Acadia National Park.

The rooms are all so beautiful & spacious. The entire house is gorgeous.

If you're looking for a quiant New England getaway, I would strongly suggest a bed & breakfast, especially the Atlantean.
travelman727 says:
Thanks for the review! I'll certainly consider staying here on myn next trip to Maine :-D
Posted on: Jun 25, 2009