Siloah, Jamaica

The Appleton Estate Rum Tour Siloah Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The Appleton Estate Rum Tour May 02, 2011
The Appleton Estate is today more 250 years old and is one of the oldest rum producers in Jamaica. It is situated in Nassau Valley surrounded by mountains and thousands of acres of sugar cane fields. The area is truly nice to drive in and there are quite a lot of nice places on the road to the estate.

Inside the estate area you will meet what I only can categorize as a horrible smell of molasses. I have been used to the smell close to breweries and coffee burn station but this took the grand prize of stinking smells.

The area is nicely kept and people are really nice and sweet on the premises. As I walked in I was greeted by two of the workers and as soon as they saw my Rasta bracelet that I had been given by my Rasta friend in Long Bay they gave me the knuckles and the thumbs together with the work respect.

We had not booked anything and good for that because Babs almost became sick of the smell, so she would never have lasted one hour there. Today the place does not produce much of the finished products but only the first part of the process, but the plant is nice and the have done a nice place with the interior at the main office.

On the tour you are able to taste a great deal of the different products that they produce but since I was driving the car I had to pass. The shop inside will give you the possibility to purchase their products except the best ones (the 30 year old); they are quickly sold out.
A British Canon