The Apple Pie

Rydal Road, Ambleside, United Kingdom

The Apple Pie Ambleside Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
A Little Slice of Heaven May 18, 2009
The Apple Pie has changed its personality and name, it used to be known as “The Apple Pie Eating House” and was probably my favourite place to stop for a snack in the whole of Lakeland. It has become a little more contemporary however in recent years, but still remains one of the places I almost always visit, often going a little out of my way to achieve this.

The eatery consists of a bakery where you can buy some of the scrumptious pies and cakes that are made to take home and to scoff down in the coffee shop. There of course plenty of ‘posh’ coffees on offer, although I can never resist the baileys milkshake whenever I visit, regardless of what the weather is doing.

There are usually a choice of soups on offer as ‘specials’ and are posted on blackboards around the cafe. There is a good selection of toasties on the menu. Plenty of choice of pies, including the excellent Cumberland sausage pie are served hot or cold and more substantial dishes such as a bowl of chilli are all available to the hungry walker or day tripper to satisfy their appetite. There is also a comprehensive list of filled rolls available to eat in or out.

There is no way that you will be disappointed by the range of options to spoil yourself. There is an extensive list of cakes, there is surely one to tempt and satisfy even the sweetest tooth. Scones, bath buns, vanilla slices and of course the famous apple pie to name just a few, just make sure you leave a little space after your first course!

There is a seating area outside for when the weather is at its best in the Lake District, and inside or out it is the ideal way to wile away a little time whether escaping the rain or just looking for a place to ‘chill out’ for awhile. Dogs are welcome and even allowed inside, which is pretty unusual in a place serving food nowadays. The Apple Pie is an ideal stopping off place and comes with the highest recommendation, the chances are you might just meet me there, but do not let that put you off!

TB Meet-up Ambleside anyone
Library photo
KeikoCreative says:
U are welcome:)
Posted on: Jun 10, 2009
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Thanks Stephanie, Fido is a happy doggie, as long as he has plenty of dough :)
Posted on: Jun 09, 2009
Transitory says:
haha pie dough with Fido. Congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Jun 09, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About The Apple Pie

Running on Fumes
I wanted an early start because I wished to fit in a short scramble if possible, however the weather and the time conspired against me, there really wasn’t anywhere which I would be able to comp…Ambleside; The Apple Pie   was just closing so I found a cosy little Italian restaurant nearby and had a great…
Chilling, but Willing
I woke up nice and early, hungry and ready for breakfast, I was able to get a shower without any waiting and decided to strip the bed before heading down.  Guess what I found; yes you guessed…Ambleside eateries ‘The Apple Pie’.    I spent the day just chilling around town for awhile before heading back…

Check Ambleside Hotel Deals