The Apple, AKA the Cider Barge

welsh back, Bristol, United Kingdom

The Apple, AKA the Cider Barge Bristol Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
The Apple Mar 22, 2008
The Apple is a bar on a barge, and all my friends call it the Cider Barge. Mostly because by the time we leave, we are struggling to remember things like where we are and what city we are in.

The Apple serves a range of real cider. Not the mucky horrible stuff like Strongbow, but real, nice, proper cider. And as a note to my American pals - in the UK, cider means hard cider, and sometimes, that can mean 8% by volume. Although that stuff only comes in half pints. I've had Rich's cider, perry (which is made of pears), and all sorts of good things there, and they also do food.

The bar is quite small and can get quite crowded at night, but then, it's on a boat. It's cozy, cool, and the music is generally indie. if you catch the staff in a good mood they'll let you try the cask cider before you choose your pint.

Prices are average for Bristol, especially as it's such nice cider. The location is convenient. Disabled access probably isn't the best in winter, but in summer you could sit at the tables outside and send your mates in for you.

I'd really recommend it!