The Alternative Inn El Nido

Check El Nido Hotel Deals

The Alternative Inn El Nido Reviews

bagusferriyanto bagusfer…
Basic Beachfront Accommodation Jan 13, 2014
The reason why I move from my previous accommodation in El Nido is here is to give me an access to catch early morning bus to Palawan. The accommodation is very basic, and i like their restaurant. Is a beachfront location. I get room for myself, pretty clean and sharing bathroom.

My only issue is their bathroom, as shared user is important to maintain its cleanliness standard. I think my room was sharing bathroom with the one downstairs and apparently also used for restaurant guests. Big dislike.

Since I only stay here for one night, dont really make big fuzz about it. But if you stay longer, i think consideration needed.

I also had problem with my door, they promised to fix it soon but happened later at the evening.

Still good place to go for budget accommodation.
the bedroom
andrejav andrejav
Alternative El Nido Jan 16, 2013
Simply fantastic place with incredibly friendly people.

Two floors building right on the bay is built like no other building in this town. Twisted threes nice figurines and really cool art make this place really Alternative. When we arrived to El Nido bus terminal, we got a tricycle and driver took us around looking for best place to stay, but this one was not on his list for whatever reason. So, after we slept over the first place we found ok for overnighter, search was easy and fruitful because we found Alternative. The BEST ADVICE for anyone coming to El Nido is to FIRST go to Art Café and see their list of hotels and prices and that way decide where to stay.

We ended up in the second floor room called LOVE, two bed room with fan and bunch of windows facing the street. The door to the room looks more like saloon door than the normal one, with sizable parts carved out of the bottom and from the top. Small lock pretends to be something that would stop anyone to enter the room, but even after I placed my own bulky lock it looked just funny. There are lots of people working for the restaurant on the second floor and in the reception general area so I was never worried about someone entering the place. Beds are nice and comfortable, and it is not too hot nor too cold during the night. I was surprised that there are no mosquitoes or at least fly's in the room. Only issue is that you won’t be able to sleep pass 6:30 AM because all residents of El Nido wake up with the sunrise… and they go sleeping early too… Restroom is a bit of the story, and it is only one for couple of rooms and restaurant, so forget about taking long showers at night. This room was our only option, and it costs only 600Php, but there are other double rooms that are priced only 800Php and have their own restroom, but our LOVE room had much more character.

Another great thing about this place is the restaurant. Tables surround five nest tables or if you want to call them more appropriately: relaxing areas. I do not know if there are words to express beauty of morning sun coming over the hill, and you are sitting in layer of pillows in the nest over the breaking waves… Anyway if you get to El Nido check it out and confirm this finding. Food in the restaurant is really good, and ranges from vegan, vegetarian to good old eat all good stuff. We had coupe lunches and dinners there, and none was a mistake. At the bar you can also get some mean cocktails.

You can also book island hoping trips with them, and it also includes incredible lunch on the beach somewhere on some crazy beautiful island.

There is WiFi available any time when city has power. Power in the city is usually cut between 6am and 14:30pm, but some places also have generators that keep their electronic and lights with full power. If you have to wait for your transportation after the check out time, they will accommodate your bags in the safe place while you roam the city for one more time.
My favorite nest

The Alternative Inn El Nido Overview

With its central location, The Alternative Inn is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Palawan. This 1-star hotel offers 8 comfortable guestrooms with a range of in-room facilities suitable for the modern traveler. Room amenities include non smoking rooms, desk, internet access (wireless), shower, balcony/terrace, coffee/tea maker. The amenities and services offered at this Palawan accommodation include bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, restaurant, room service, safety deposit boxes, hotel/airport transfer. Hotel's guests can experience on-site latest leisure and sports facilities such as water sports (non-motorized), private beach, garden. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Palawan, making it a distinct accommodation. For your reservation at the The Alternative Inn Palawan, please select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

The Alternative Inn Amenities

• Beach (Direct Access)
  • Water Activities
  • Kayaking
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels
  • Shared Bathroom
  • Shower
  • Smoking Room
  • Family Room

Related Travel Blogs About The Alternative Inn El Nido

A Great Escape! Off to Palawan...
Stressed from the busy metro and was inspired by a blog of a tourist whom we met in Sagada, plus the photos I saw in my other friend's album, my friends and I headed to Palawan to find adventure. We …El Nido! Went back to the inn a little bit drunk but happy :-) Day 4 We had our breakfast at THE ALTERNATIVE

Check El Nido Hotel Deals