The Albert Hotel

The Albert Hotel Rates and Deals

The Albert Hotel London Reviews

jpolch0907 jpolch09…
Jun 15, 2007
So going to Europe first time I was pretty nervous about staying in hostels. I'd never slept in a room of strangers before and I wasn't gonna shell out the 60 bucks to stay in a private room. But I got to London and although it was a little hard to find at first, this place spoiled me for the rest of the trip.

We (my friend and I) stayed in a 4 person room. We never even met the people we were staying with the first night. They were still asleep the morning I got there and were gone that night. The beds weren't something out of the Ritz, but after wearing yourself out all day, you feel happy about the down comforter. Which they provide for you along with sheets. Not something they do everywhere! There was a mini-fridge in our room which proved very handy since we went to a grocery store and bought food instead of eating out all the time. There's no elevator which can make it kinda hard lugging 30 pounds on your back up 4 flights after walking all over trying to find the hostel in the first place. But once you've dropped your things in your room you can go down to the basement and let me tell you, it was a cool basement! There's a small kitchen with a stove and sink, plus dishes and plates for everyone to use. About 8 tables are set up with 4 chairs a piece to provide communal dining. At the back of the room, up a few steps, is a den sort of area with a computer (with internet connection!) and tv. Bookshelves and couches line the walls giving it a very cozy feeling. You wouldn't believe how many friends you make just waiting to use the internet!

The rates weren't that bad, when I went two summers ago it was about $16 a night or 8 pounds. The neighboorhood is lined with expensive hotels and restaurants so you know you're in a good area. South Kensington is on the south side of London, near Buckingham Palace.

Hope this helped! Happy travels!!

P.S. It's a brown building on a street of white houses. That's a tip you should know!
It doesn't look like a cheap hoste…

Check The Albert Hotel Rates and Deals