The Admiralty

The Admiralty - interior

The Admiralty London Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Get the Ale and Pie Sampler Board Sep 30, 2016
The Admiralty is A-OK. Starving after walking nearly 10 miles all over London, my husband and I were looking for a hot meal. After seeking out two highly rated Yelp pubs (and finding them to be closed after walking several blocks), we were happy to just settle for this place. Was it great food? No, but it was tasty enough and reasonably priced for one of the most expensive cities in the world.

The atmosphere is VERY loud and boisterous. We must've hit just as the after work crowd was piling in because the lower level pub was completely filled with people in work suits. It was obvious they were hanging out after work, so I'm guessing this must be a big hangout to let off some steam at night. The concrete floors and sweeping vaulted ceilings don't help with the noise. If you are looking for a dark, quiet and intimate night out, this is not the place.

We were seated upstairs and had a great view of the cacophony below. It was fun entertainment with dinner! When in Great Britain, one must order a local dish and beer. One menu item immediately caught my eye as soon as I sat down, and I knew I had to order it. It was the Ale and Pie Sampler. I mean, come on! Three mini pies paired with three mini beers? SOLD! My husband ordered the fish and chips which were just okay. In fact, they seemed like quite the afterthought (especially the peas -- come on, peas are an important element to the dish). My pies were very tasty with a flaky pastry crust; hot and fresh. I enjoyed having a variety to taste. For the record, the spicy vegetarian pie (chickpea, tomato and squash) was my favorite! The beer pairings were great, and is something I wouldn't have done a la carte. The sampler gave me the opportunity to do so.

Overall this was a decent meal at a decent price. I'm sure there are better pubs in London, but you could also do much, much worse than this place. If you go, order the ale and pie sampler!
interior
exterior at night
pie and ale board was good
order this