The 3 Ducks

The 3 Ducks Rates and Deals

The 3 Ducks Paris Reviews

Samten Samten
Restless stay in Paris May 18, 2011
I stayed at the 3 Ducks Hostel in Paris with two of my friends. We made a reservation months before to get a 4 bed room all together. When we arrived there we where not able to check in before 4pm!! and they also lost our reservation so we had to split up for 2 nights. I ended up in a 4 bed room downstairs right next to the court yard/ garden, which was extremely loud until 3 or 4am in the moring. My bed was so loud that I stopped moving for the 3h of sleep I got. The breakfast was good, croissant and bread and coffee as much as you want as well a orange juice, jam and milk. The hostel is very central and you can walk to most of the attractions. Also the area around you is clean and save. There is also a very close metro station. Over all, nice hostel with a good price, but book a room on the first or second floor and make clear that you want one room with your friends!!
Vitruvius Vitruvius
If you want to enjoy a brew with follower travelers, you’ll be hard pressed to find better! Aug 13, 2011
The best, or to some worst, part about this hostel is the fact it is also a true bar. Many hostels serve alcohol, but 3 Ducks Hostel takes their bar very seriously, and it makes this hostel among my favorites.

Now, you might wonder why it is only “4 stars” when I claim it is one of my favorites. Well, it is simple – my best hostel memories come from The 3 Ducks Hostel, even if the hostel itself is just barely average. You see, while it may well have been a fluke of good timing, the people I met there and the conversations I had were some of the best I had on that trip. This was facilitated by the great atmosphere in the courtyard of the hostel and the well priced brews.

Still, I can’t be all praises. The rooms and beds weren’t exceptionally clean, but they were passing. However, the showers were rather gross and the bathrooms were too few and poorly kept. The showers weren’t so bad I’d refuse to use them, but you definitely want shower shoes at 3 Ducks Hostel.

One big point that can work against the hostel is the fact it is a bar. The courtyard is where people will drink and every room has a window that is probably open to said courtyard. So, you’ll be paraded with laughter and chatter well past midnight. They try to quiet things up as the night goes on, but for some this may be a total deal breaker and understandably so. If you want to be asleep by 10pm (2200), you’ll find sleeping hard. On a final negative point, because the bar is open to the public for drinking, people will be coming at going in the wee hours of the night at a greater rate than most hostels. While they do have 24 hour staff and only one way in out at night, the safety factor isn’t high but merely passing.

The hostel did provide a surprisingly good breakfast, which is a nice plus in my book. The staff was also great, particularly the ones that doubled as bar tenders. There were also several publicly accessible computers in the lobby, which while busy, can be very important to a traveler who wants to get in touch with friends and family.

In the end, I think it is a fine hostel for the money and one I’d stay at again. On the other hand, if any of the hostels negatives turn you away, I still highly recommend simply going to the bar and having a drink!
The main entrance to The 3 Ducks H…
missmzungu missmzun…
Staying in the 3 ducks hostel for 3 weeks! Mar 11, 2007
I spent my first three weeks (!) I was in Paris in the 3 Ducks Hostel. I had to wait to move to my appartment, and since I didn't have any friends yet, a hostel seemed a good solution.

It's one of the cheapest hostels in Paris which is the first good reason to go there. Breakfast is included, you can get a baguette and there are a few jams to chose from. For the drinks, you have some choice too: coffee, orange juice or tea.

Another good reason is the fact they all speak English - which is a big luxury in France. It's also close to the Eifel Tower and the subway station - you might hear a metro passing at night or in the morning, depending on which room you sleep in. I personally slept in 4 different rooms. Rooms for 10 people, which has his own shower. And the room where I spent my first and last days, a room above the bar of the hostel. That's also where the best and cleanest shower was (the building is "divided" in a few seperate little buildings). Of course, if you stay there that long, you know things like that :).

As I already said, there is a bar downstairs - which is also the entrance of the hostel. The bar is great! You have free access to internet an special computers and it's a great place to meet fellow travellers. The prices are rather high, but they are high in Paris in general. The bar has a curfew, 2am, so you don't have to worry about hearing music all night long. Of course, it's a hostel, and there will be some noice sometimes... I met a lot of interesting and fun people. There where a lot nationalities, but I noticed that a lot of Argentinians find their way to the 3 Ducks Hostel. I shared my room with Dutch, Americans, Argentinians, a Brazilian couple, a South African girl, a guy from New Zealand, Australians, some Italians and a girl from Austria. A very nice mix :).

The hostel also has an inviting patio, which is nice when the weather is good. Everybody sits outside, you get a real southern atmosphere thanks to this terrace.

What else can I say? They're always happy to give you some advice about where to go in Paris and how to get there. It was a great experience to stay in a hostel for 3 weeks, and I have some great memories!
melissak melissak
Nov 21, 2007
We had read really bad things about this place before we went here, from guidebooks though. But we had to stay here as it was the only place available at the time. We only had 3 of our 5 nights in Paris booked because that was all that was available. The staff are awesome though and did whatever they could to make sure we were able to stay for the other 2 nights.

In the 5 days I was here I got to see 5 different But they were all decent. One of the rooms had a burnt out light, so I couldn't see at all. Theres a fun bar, even though its a tad small and squished. There is internet access as well. The patio is only for guests of the hostel and its a lot of fun. There is also a kitchen if you want to make your own food. It has a good location, walking distance of most major sights in the city. Right between 2 metro stations so its easy to get pretty much anywhere from here. The Eiffel Tower is the closest sight to the hostel.

The bathrooms were nasty though. Flies everywhere, a couple of the showers open up right to the patio...which is nice. With all the drunks using the bathrooms, they aren't the cleanest. But I would still recommend it to anyone because of all the great staff that were very helpfull.
dfoo dfoo
Nov 21, 2007
I'm not sure about the patio issue. I never noticed it. The rooms are alright. Breakfast was awesome from what I remembered. Typical hostel stuff, but made good. Maybe it was just the company which made it good though. The bathrooms were on the poor side, but honestly my idea of fun isn't hanging out and around bathrooms anyway. So it didn't detract from the hostel too much. If anything it gave it a certain charm. Location wise its fantastic. Walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, and plenty of bottle shops along the way. Also a fruit shop across the road for all struggling backpackers who can't afford sit down meals.

I would give it 3 stars, but for the fun people I met there, I'm going to give it an extra one.
rubbingbirds rubbingb…
Nov 11, 2007
I had the most fun at this hostel years ago probably because the entire group of kids staying there went to the Eiffel Tower each night to sit in the park, drink wine and hang out. It was central to almost everywhere I wanted to be. Love the horse stall feeling of the entire place! We played frisbee on the balconies and cooked dinner together every night. loved the whole place!
Circuitloss Circuitl…
May 02, 2007
Wildly overrated. The bar is nice, but the rooms are awful and face out on a loud court-yard. If I wanted to sleep like this I shouldn't have to pay so much for it!

Check The 3 Ducks Rates and Deals