The 252

The 252 Rates and Deals

The 252 Phnom Penh Reviews

MeyMey MeyMey
Very Sad Experience Mar 23, 2013
The 252 has everything to be perfect... But is not at all.

Staff is nice and helpful but management is awful. No smile, no hello,... When you just try to talk to the woman who seems in charge, she just looks away. But than you will see her chatting nicely with other guests... When I was there I met another guest who felt exactly the same.

Swimming pool is awesome. It is a little oasis in the middle of the city.

Will not recommand this hotel. For the same price there are so many other choices in PP.
1971K2 1971K2
Was expecting better Jun 17, 2013
I've back-packed in budget hotels to stays in luxury hotels for work trips throughout Asia, so I feel I'm a fairly good judge of value for money.

For all purposes, the 252 seemed to be a really lovely place to stay. I loved the charm of the building itself, as well as the ones on either side; the breakfast was excellent; the pool lovely; the service was good; and the decor in the room was impeccable. Asian mattresses are hard, so aren't a big deal to me.

But, one of my main criteria for judging accommodation (budget or otherwise) is based on the cleanliness of it's bathrooms ...

I knew instantly when I walked into the ground floor room that something was amiss. The room smelled musty ... a good sign of damp ...

Perhaps this could have been dismissed if I had travelled there during the wet, hot and humid months, but my stay there was at the tail end of March, a few weeks shy of the hottest and dry season in mid-April.

I first thought that perhaps there was a design flaw (e.g. not installing a ventilator in the bathroom), which perhaps could be forgiven.

But when I took a shower, I discovered the main cause for the musty smell. The shower drain hadn't been cleaned and the shower tiles there were covered in slime!!! Augmented by a 2nd design flaw ... the use of black, rough finished tiles in a badly lit shower ...

Needless to say I left a lengthy comment on the feedback form provided. I hope they were able to read my writing, and have since gone in there, installed an extractor fan and arranged for the shower tiles there to be stubbed vigorously on a daily basis.

Please do bring this issue to their attention if you've been allocated a ground floor room.

The 252 Overview

The The 252 Hotel is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Phnom Penh. All 19 rooms at the hotel have all the modern facilities guests' would expect from a hotel of this class. Room amenities include non smoking rooms, air conditioning, inhouse movies, desk, hair dryer, internet access (wireless), internet access. This Phnom Penh accommodation features on-site facilities such as bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, restaurant, hotel/airport transfer, poolside bar. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including massage, outdoor pool, garden. Modern comfort and convenience are seamlessly combined to ensure the guests' satisfaction. For your reservation at the The 252 Hotel Phnom Penh, please enter your preferred visit dates and follow our secure online booking form.

The 252 Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower