The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince

Hongik Uni Station #: 02-332-2594

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince Seoul Reviews

alxwa alxwa
Perfect for k-drama obsessed people Sep 02, 2010
Since I'm asian, I've seen the drama ofc. Therefore, I liked the idea to visit the actual coffe shop, since I already was in Seoul.

I went with a new korean friend and on the way we met two japanese travellers. Also looking for the coffe shop. We only took the metro to Hongdae-area, and from there we just asked two times for the instructions to the coffe shop. They pointed one way, and we went that way, and voila!- We found it. It was quite discret, but very cool. I was rather surprised, I thought it would be bigger, but it was quite small, but cosy.

We ordered ice tea and N.Y cheesecake, it was quite expensive. Compared to prices at other cafés in Seoul, but this coffe shop is a huge tourist-attraction for asians- so no wonder, and besides- it is worth it. The service was nice, the waitress spoke japanese, chinese and korean. A little bit of english. The menu was written in korean and english.

There were no hot men working there. Just one waitress and one chef who kinda looked like the crypt keeper. Oh well, but it's a quite popular place for teens to hang out. There were lots of couples there and I even met an korean celebrity there. The Lady who played Dae Geum Jeum's mother in the drama Jewel of the Palace.

If you've seen the drama, you'll probably like it. It's kept like the coffe shop in the drama, the only difference is the autographes and souvenirs from the actors from the drama.

It was worth the trip, and if you're in Hongdae- why not just stop by for a drink!
Outside the café.
The crypt keeper and the waitress.
Ice tea and very good cheesecake.
ellechic ellechic
Korean drama cafe venue! Oct 15, 2007
I visited Coffee Prince Cafe again in May 2014 with my sister who was a big fan of the drama Coffee Prince & Gong Yoo. I met my Korean friends here for a quick dessert/coffee break before dinner.

The drinks and food were tasteful, but definitely more pricey than other cafes. The staff were friendly (despite the reviews I've read).

The murals were repainted and memorabilia signed by casts were displayed.

I like the quietness of the cafe, and because it is off the beaten path, it isn't too crowded and I find the cafe more laid back, despite the majority customers were tourists.

Photos from my May 2014 visit has been added. ^_^

Well-known amongst Korean drama fans, the Coffee Prince cafe is the film venue of the popular Korean trendy drama of the same name - The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (

Located in the Hongdae area of Seoul where 3 major Korean universities are located and where Seoul's nightlife is centered, this coffee shop is easily overlooked from the street.

They offer different types of coffee and smoothies. Small snacks are also available. Inside, the walls still has some memorabilias from the drama. The cafe also has outdoor seating area - wonderful during the warmer weather.

This cafe has become a tourist destination by Korean drama fans. Unfortunately, unlike the drama where the barristas are ALL cute Korean guys - thus the name "Coffee Prince" as the barristas were named "princes", this cafe has only female ones. I was disappoined. ;)

According to my friend who had their cappuccino(~$8) - it was delicious and "almost like the cappuccinos in Italy"! I had to say the same from my kiwi smoothie($7) as well. It's a bit pricey I think but it seems to be the norm price when it comes to coffee in Korea.

It's easy to get lost trying to find this cafe, so here's the direction.

Take Subway Line 2 to Hongik University, take Exit 8 -> turn right on Yanghwa-ro 18-gil (Seven Springs on the corner) -> walk 2 blocks until at the end of the street, turn left on Euolmadang-ro -> turn right on Wausan-ro 29-gil (first right, there's a BBQ restaurant on the corner) -> walk until you almost reach the end of the street where the street goes slightly uphill (about 500 meters) -> find the coffee shop on the right side
Coffee Prince (Oct 2007): counter …
Coffee Prince (Oct 2007):view from…
Coffee Prince (Oct 2007):cappuccino
Coffee Prince (Oct 2007):indoor se…
phieraditya says:
I like this drama :)
would like to come and see the real coffee shop..but order the most cheap one :p
wonder the opening it open until late at night?
Posted on: May 30, 2011
AznBetty says:
awesome! i'm goin there today! sounds way overpriced tho...
Posted on: Jun 10, 2009
momiji says:
I know this drama!! Was showing here in Nagoya about a year ago!! Watched a few episodes. Hahaha!!! So this is the place!?!? Cool!!
Posted on: Mar 04, 2009