The 12 Apostles

Victoria, Australia

The 12 Apostles Victoria Reviews

drmorrisj drmorrisj
Beautiful! Oct 31, 2012
Port Campbell National Park had some of the prettiest beaches I have seen in my life. The first thing I did when I got out of the rental car was to go down to the beach where one can see the “Apostle” that is furthest east. The beach was majestic. First of all, there was hardly anyone there. I took a half-mile walk east to get to the cliff that encloses the beach. When I returned (20 minutes later), I was still the only person on the beach. Not only was the place drop-dead gorgeous, but there were less than a dozen people present! Who does not like that?

Next we went to the eastern section where one can see coves and many cliffs. I took a picture of a tree with the ocean in the background that I love to this day. At this point I had been fighting the urge to spend $100 for a 10 minute helicopter ride.

When I realized that I could not get every picture that I wanted from land, I threw up my hands and told my friends, “ok guys, I am going to spend the $100 for the helicopter ride!” They decided to come and the next thing you know we are looking at the Apostles from the air. Seeing them from the air was very nice. I will never forget it. I knew I had to do it, because I did not want to have any regrets. I did not want to be sitting in my living room thinking, “Zut alors, I should have taken that helicopter ride.”

After having dinner in Port Campbell, we rushed back to the visitors center so that we could take pictures of the “Apostles” as the sun set. I knew I had to have those shots or else I would be kicking myself for 10 to 20 years (or however long it would take me to get back there). We stayed at the Apostles until dark. We were all so happy that we had visited the “land down under.” I had always wanted to visit the 12 Apostles. Mission Accomplished!
Speaks for itself!
Eastern most apostle
Shot of tree
jenniferhibbard says:
Great photographs...well worth the money spent on the helicopter ride!
Posted on: Nov 07, 2012
simsing says:
You did the right thing by spending 100 bucks on that ride. I would have done the same.

Amazing photography again! You have been to really cool places!
Posted on: Oct 31, 2012
Wirra436 Wirra436
Best Tour to see the Great Ocean Road. Dec 28, 2011

I booked this tour for my friend Allison from America, and I thought I would tag along even though Im originally from Melbourne and have been down the Great ocean road many times.

Being such a long day i was dreading the 14 hour journey and being crammed on a bus taking pictures through the window.

Boy was I wrong !!!

From the moment I met Paul ( our tour guide ) i was at ease and knew it was going to be a great day.

The tour bus fits a maximum of 10 people so no cramming like a cattle cart.

This tour isn't your average tour, its filled with great australian music, wonderful views and a tour guide that is very knowledgeable about Australian culture.

Even I learnt some interesting facts and I am an Aussie !

I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone.

Wonderful way to see the Great Ocean road and 12 apostles.
ricardi ricardi
Natural Wonders Mar 03, 2011
Seeing the massive cliffs of the Victorian coastline is fantastic enough - but coupled with the massive columns that are the 12 apostles. Just great!

Related Travel Blogs About The 12 Apostles

Day 23, The 12-ish Apostles....
This morning i was woken up early which i wasnt entirely happy about! It took him a while to get me up but eventually he suceeded as Rick decided to drive us down the Great Ocean Road and to the 12 a… This morning i was woken up early which i wasnt entirely happy about! It took him a while to get…

Compare Kyneton Hotel Rates (11.8km away)

Victoria Map