"That Place is Closed..."

Bangkok, Thailand

"That Place is Closed..." Bangkok Reviews

Amanda Amanda
Sep 10, 2006
All around Bangkok, whether you are catching a taxi, a tuk tuk, or walking to The Grand Palace, drivers or people on the street will tell you that the place you want to head to is closed, but they are happy to take you somewhere else.

It's a very common scam in this city. They say it because they are going to get a kick back from the other place that they take you to. Although I was warned of this myself prior to going, from friends that had already been there, I was absolutely blown away with the frequency that this actually occurred to us.

Please, don't miss a place you want to see or go to by listening to the people that say this; they can be very insistent, but it's not the truth.
megkuuu says:
hi, thanks for the important imformation. how about if the driver telling you this on the way,, should i get off straight way in in the middle of somewhere i dont know?
Posted on: Jan 09, 2009
afwhalin says:
soft hearted lisa...... awwww
Posted on: Jan 01, 2009
geovnni says:
Tell me about it. We wanted to go from the Grand Palace to Silom rd. and we ended up at a tailor store wasting valuable time waiting for the tuk tuk driver to get his voucher. Finally we showed the driver 500 baht to zip through the horrible traffic and got there in record time.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About "That Place is Closed..."

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bangkok . From there, I would head to Auckland in New Zealand for some extreme sports (extreme Ironing anyone?) flowed by the cook Islands and Fiji finally heading to Australia…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…place not very much to see though it’s pretty quiet.   We headed back to Victory, we’re off to the temples of Angkor tomorrow…
In Phangan on empty days
December 18-25, 2006 This is the first trip that i did it alone. More than 12 hours from bangkok, spent one week there. Nice trip that changed someone to be stronger.     &n…close to bangkok but crowded are not a place for me. And I heard about this island for a long…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals