Thaphae Garden Guesthouse Chiang Mai

Thaphae Garden Guesthouse Chiang Mai Rates and Deals

Thaphae Garden Guesthouse Chiang Mai Reviews

melissawong melissaw…
3-star hotel for guesthouse price Dec 28, 2009
I chose this place after reading some good reviews about it online. The place looks good. The price is cheap and they offers free airport pick up. I didn’t wait long to get email reply. I booked the room in the last minute and I didn’t pay the deposit. I was a bit afraid that they might not show up or forget my flight. When I saw the staff waiting for me at the airport, I was so impressed.

When we arrived at the guesthouse, everything in the guesthouse looks exactly like the photos on the website. It’s new. It has a swimming pool, restaurant, luggage storage, laudary service ( you can find cheaper service outside). There are two computers with internet near the reception but you need to buy a reload card in order to use the internet. It’s not recommended as the internet cafe nearby is so much cheaper. There should be WIFI in the room but I never tested it. Anyway, the guests can use the computer to transfer files and other applications without internet. Thanks to that, I can charge my camera.

When they showed us the rooms, we were like “wow!” Looks like a nice budget hotel to me. With hot shower, towel, tissue roll, a bottle of water each day and mosquito net. If you need room cleaning, you had to inform them the day before. We had the fan room and it can be a bit hot at night if you get a room with small window.

The location of the Thapae Garden Guesthouse is not bad. It’s outside the old gates. Just 10 minute walk to the night market. Maybe 15 minute to chinatown or Warorot market where it’s a good place to shop and eat. There are many restaurants, internet cafe and one 7-11 on Thapae road. It’s convenient place. To get there, you need to walk into the alley from Thapae road but it’s pretty safe at night. The nearby guesthouse has a security guard waiting at the alley every night. Plus, the guesthouse hired a security guard.

I managed to chat with the lady at the reception. She's the co-owner of the place while the one who greeted us at the airport is the owner’s friend who’s helping out while the owner is on vacation. They are very friendly and speak good english. I booked a day tour to the golden triangle on the front desk and the price is cheap. The tour agency is excellent and the service is good. They have made our stay in Chiang Mai very pleasant.
Our room
The swimming pool
siamsilk says:
I stayed here beforeeeeeeeeeee :)))))))))
Posted on: Dec 28, 2009
kerryandandrei kerryand…
Cheap backpacker place with friendly & knowledgeable staff Aug 05, 2008
The big selling point of this place is the Thai lady who runs the place (Pissamorn Senthong, I think). She is an old hand and very experienced. Speaks very good English and German (her son and daughter speak excellent English) and is very knowledgeable - a mine of information to the backpacker and budget tourist.

She offers tours but not the kind you see in most tour operators around town (like Panda Tours). Instead of being an agent for a cattle-herding tour operator, she offers exclusive hiking tours to the North of Chiang Mai to meet the hill-tribe people, and you rarely see other tour groups. The tour guide we had (Piroon) was a great and sweet, local guy. 20 years experience. Recommended!

She can also assist with all of your other tour needs, even if you're ill she'll help you out.

Our twin room was big for the price, overlooking a central, basic courtyard with only a fan and private bathroom with hot water. They have rooms with A/C, and a German family of 4 were housed comfortably.

They have a restaurant where you can buy all of your meals and have a laundry (30 baht/kilo) where they will also clean your boots (30 baht per pair).

Thaphae Garden Guesthouse Chiang Mai Overview

Thaphae Garden Guesthouse offers you a choice of well equipped fan or air conditioned rooms at a budget price. Situated only a few minutes walk from Chiang Mai's Night Bazaar and Tapae Gate Thaphae Garden is Chiang Mai 's best located Guesthouse. This Chiang Mai guesthouse is close to all Chiang Mai's attractions but well set back in a quiet lane just off the main Tapae Rd. Thaphae Garden Guesthouse offers more to the traveler than most guesthouses in Chiang Mai with a fantastic range of facilities and services including a swimming pool to compliment the clean, modern rooms and great location.

Thaphae Garden Guesthouse Amenities

• Excursions
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower