Thanying Restaurant - Amara Hotel

165 Tanjong Pagar Road

Thanying Restaurant - Amara Hotel Reviews

Flyinhigh Flyinhigh
Best Thai Food in Singapore Feb 18, 2009
For Thai cuisine in Singapore I always visit Thanying, located in the Amara Hotel. They have an extensive menu and I have had the opportunity to taste a large number of their dishes. From what I tasted, everything was excellent. Probably some of the best Thai food I’ve had. I have had dinner in the restaurant and ordered food for take-out to use on flights as catering; both ways it was excellent.

Items that I particularly enjoyed include their appetizer special of boneless chicken wings stuffed with minced chicken and Thai herbs, the spring rolls, and the pomelo salad. The soups are excellent as well.

For entrees, I have tasted a selection of the curries on the menu and although they were all very good; my favorite was definitely the spicy green curry with beef (this is very spicy for the average person). A close second would have to be the spicy red chicken curry. As well, you can’t go wrong with the Pad Thai or one of the stir-fried minced meat dishes in hot basil with chili – this dish can be ordered with beef, chicken, or pork – they are all spectacular.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and has an elegant feel. Although not always available, I would suggest a reservation for dinner…especially on weekends.