Thanh Duy Guest House

Mui Ne, Vietnam

Thanh Duy Guest House Mui Ne Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Thanh Duy Guest House Apr 07, 2013
Mui Ne was a first city that I visited after arriving to Saigon, so bus travel and ways of Vietnam were a bit of unknown. By the map I knew approximate look of the city and the bay, but when we arrived there I was just guessing where we are and where we are going. So when bus stopped and driver started kicking us out, I took that as a sign that we are in the right place. We ended up on the street covered with hotels restaurants and guest houses. While talking to some nice Oz’s that traveled with us, some guy offered us good deal in the hotel close by. We went there, and I got us a more than nice room for only 10$. Place was called Thanh Duy Guest House and I think that the same family has the restaurant next door.

Room had huge bed, AC, place to put your stuff, and restroom/shower with the warm water.

This guest house must be very new because all furniture is in the great shape, walls are spotless and there is no wear and tear. They do great job with cleaning, and there are few girls passing by and cleaning constantly.

House is pretty safe and the area does not look like place where you are going to lose your belongings. Right across the road there is a passage that takes you to the “beach”. Passage is more of a dirty tunneled path, full of all kinds of garbage and very rarely traveled… Both sides of the path are occupied with resorts that host pools and sun decks, and there is reason for it. Beach is really just a couple of meters of sand that disappears during the high tide or larger waves. Water does not look clean in any way, but the beach does not have tires, cloths and bottles that are found in most of the area. In vicinity of the guest house there are few good restaurants, and some local food courts with good food. Transportation is not difficult if you rent motorcycle (super cheep 3-4-5$ per day for good scooter) and if you are leaving the town, multiple travel agencies are located left and right…

This area is nice for relaxing on the sun, but they also have few places to visit. There is creek that comes out of the sand dunes and curves between hills for a kilometer or so. That is very nice place to go. Village is great to see everyday’s fisherman work and ways they catch, clean and prepare fish. Picturesque boats and some kind of floating device that looks like bowl are all around and perfect for vacation photography. There are also some white and red dunes, but it is simple tourist trap that you should avoid. Instead just roam around the city beaches and see way of life around here, or go to see small canyons that are all over the place.

Staff in the guest house is very warm, smiley and nice, which is not usual for this area of Vietnam. Don’t forget to always bargain! I would gladly go back to this place again and stay with the same guest house. Warmly recommended.
Mui Ne Map