Thames River Cruise

London, England

Thames River Cruise London Reviews

rostovcat rostovcat
River Thames May 13, 2010
I do not know about other cruise companies (I should admit, there are quite a few of them), because last time my choice was "City Cruises".

The price is about the same with all other companies. But I chose that boat, probably because its colour wes brighter than others', but first of all for me that momeny it was that they said I could buy hot and cold drinks or something to eat (I really desperately needed hot tea). :-)

So, when the journey began, I used to stay at the upper deck, because it was the best place for making pictures. Sincerely to say, I was frozen to the bones, but still enjoyed this. Also I enjoyed the sense of humour of a boatman, who was kind of a volunteer guide.

Maybe I was lucky, and there were not so many people as they could, because of the weather. But this journey is quite a nice thing if you have a spare day in London. So you can buy a ticket for unlimited trips during one day (and the price is nearly the same if you get return ticket from Westminster to Greenwich) and have a journey. For example you can from Westminster to Tower, then have a short walk there. After exploring the Tower or its surrounding, you can go to Greenwich or go back to Westminster. So, that can be a river sightseing journey for a day.

Although if you are going to visit museums (like I did in Greenwich), one day is definitely not enough.
Glynnes says:
Sounds great, looking forward to taking a cruise on the Thames again. Thanks
Posted on: May 24, 2010
X_Drive X_Drive
A slow cruise along the river May 28, 2005
One of the highlights of our tour in London was a slow cruise along the Thames River. We had just finished dinner and strolled across the street and right past the Tower of London. Our cruise ship docked there at the river. We made our way on board, the ladies each receiving a red carnation, and we sat on bench style seating facing the front of the ship. It was still quite light although the sun was nearing the horizon as the cruise began. We slowly went under the Tower Bridge and slowly made our way down river past the sights, including the Aquarium, the London Eye, and several other bridges and even the Parliament building and Big Ben. As we turned and headed back up we slowed to make sure we were quite close by as the nine o’clock hour rang. The night before Big Ben had been silent at 10 pm for the first time in many years. This was a wonderful slow cruise for the sunset hour in London.
peppertm peppertm
May 10, 2005
This is a great way to see some of the sights. This cruise was included in our hop-on/hop-off tour, and we were really glad it was. We were able to see things such as Cleopatra’s Needle and Shakespeare’s Globe. The cruise only lasted about ½ hour, and once done, we got back on the bus to continue the tour of London.
HMS Belfast on the Thames River
Shakespeare's Globe from the Thames
Building on the Thames
The London Eye from the Thames Riv…

Related Travel Blogs About Thames River Cruise

Last Day of our First Tour
The last was filled with sights. Besides the visit to Windsor Castle we had a bus tour around the city with a professional guide. That means he gets paid to do what he does.  Gosh, don't we all?…river past the Tower of London where we took a lengthy cruise up and down the Thames River in the early…
Fourth of July
Hello Everyone!  Things are going well here, although I have food poisoning! Boo!  I was supposed to work a double shift yesterday but my manager sent me home because I looked so bad. …cruise on the Thames River which goes by the London Bridges, Waterloo, London Bridge Tower, the London Eye, and so much…
day 5: Total London Experience
Today we had the Total London Experience on the planning. We got a panoramic view, entrance to St.Pauls, Cavalry museum and Tower of London also we did a Thames river cruise while the tour. Also a qu…London also we did a Thames river cruise while the tour. Also a quick photostop at Buckingham palace and Westminister…

Check London Hotel Deals