Thamada Family Hotel

23A Shwe Gone Daing 5th Street, Yangon, Myanmar
Thamada Family Hotel - The hotel..

Check Yangon Hotel Deals

Thamada Family Hotel Yangon Reviews

dyron_888 dyron_888
Affordable Hotel in Yangon Jan 21, 2014
Thamada Hotel is located in the heart of Yangon City.

It's probably 30 minutes taxi drive from the airport.

What good thing about the hotel is its location. You can wander around the city by walk from the hotel. Or if you decide to take a taxi, it won't cost you a lot.

The room is very basic. The bed I may say is not really comfy. But the room is quite cold due to the aircon that you cannot control the temperature.

The Hotel really looks old but still running. You can see it in the bathroom as the facilities are quite old already. They must renovate it cause the price is quite doesn't match the facilities.

They serve a basic breakfast from the cafeteria downstairs.

They also got a free wifi per room... It will work only in one device per room. So just use the room wifi of the other door :)

Nothing much facilities like gym, garden, or pool.

But I still highly recommend the hotel for a short days in Yangon.
mistere mistere
One night only! Sep 15, 2013
I took a brief trip to Myanmar and this was the first hotel I stayed at when I first got to Yangon. I was not at all sure what to expect when I booked it. I guess I hoped for the best that it would be nice and if it wasn't I could move on to somewhere else anyway!

On first impressions it was decidedly average. The service was quite average as was the room. We booked a double room on one of the upper floors. It had an old tv and the decor looked like it had been installed in the 70s. The toilet was not the best either. The interesting thing about the tv was that you didn't control what you watched. The people downstairs did. So sometimes you would get near to the end of the film and they would turn it over!

Locationwise this hotel isn't actually that bad! It was only a short walk to get to Schwedagon pagoda for example. There are also a few restaurants selling Burmese food in the vicinity of the hotel.

I suppose all in all you get what you pay for and I remember it being quite cheap so it was always quite likely that it would be quite average. I think it is a good place to go just for your first night in Yangon, but not more than one.
The room..