Thailand Visa Policy Changes 2013

Thailand Visa Policy Changes 2013 Reviews

mrskot mrskot
Thailand Land Visa Policy Changes Mar 23, 2013
Thailand has changed it's land visa policy. You can no longer get a 30 day visa by land. Just a 15 day or 7 day visa, please be aware if plan on using multiple entries in to Thailand for an extended trip. I think they're trying to discourage the budget travelers from staying too long or returning.

Prices have also increased 2X-5X + from just a couple of years ago on many beach islands, etc... $75 to $100 USD will get you the basics (lodging-transportation-food + drinks).
mrskot says:
Ryan, Here are a couple of websites for visa info ( and ( Only Vietnam requires pre-approval, so contact their embassy before you go. You and your wife will have a great time in those four countries. Avoid the tourist hot spots if your on a budget. I've always felt safe traveling in Asia, but do use common sense where ever you may go. I've found you're safer away from the big cities, the farther away the safer you'll be.

Have Fun!!

Posted on: Jun 21, 2014
bosto says:
Hey, my and my mrs are planning to travel to thailand/ Cambodia / Vietnam / Laos for a total period of 2 months.
Do we need a visa to travel for that time period?
Do we need separate visas for all the different country's?
Also how. Ugh is a good amount to budget for food / accomplish per day?
Is it safe to go there in September if we get a straight transfer outta Bangkok airport?
I look forward to all your advice.
Regards, Ryan