Thai me down!

Hua Hin, Thailand

Thai me down! Hua Hin Reviews

pocahontas69 pocahont…
Aug 10, 2007
What can I say about my introductory experience to Asia. Thailand was everything i thought it would be and more. If you don't mind sharing the uneven and dusty roads with armour plated cockroaches that trundle along the gutters like over cooked, heavy old men, and you can see beyond the claustrophobic hustle and bustle of the market places at night when the sun has retired for the day, then maybe you can accept Hua Hin as the beautiful magical, humble place that over 60,000 people call home.

Beach front accommodation can be bought at approximately 300bht (approx £5.00) per night to include buffet breakfast, private bathroom, sky television and service second to none. The Blue Wave hotel was considered budget accommodation and a fair 3 hour drive from Bangkok (paying for air conditioned transport would be adviseable) However I certainly found the hotel to be far more worthy of several stars than some British versions of 3 star.

For culture take some time and speak with the locals. Everyone has time for you and there is always someone nearby to translate if the 'older generations' don't speak English too well. The temples are a must, and the free roaming spirituality found on the doorstep of local villages can often be missed in the more upbeat and commercial touristy areas.

The food is the most delicious and reasonably priced that I have tasted so far in the areas of Asia that I have visited. You can expect to pay about £3.00 for a meal fit for two, flavoured with the most exotic of spices and created with the utmost of care and pride. These people are genuinely beautiful both inside and out. The latest British jargon of course is 'cheaper than Asda' or 'better than Primark' and always manages to bring a smile, deserving a tip of the few spare baht jingling in ones pocket every time.

It isn't just the sunshine that warms Hua Hin, the genuine warmth of welcoming smiles sre what will take me back every time.

Tips: Never touch a Thai on the head. Most consider it a great insult as their head is the closest part of them to Buddah and therefore the most holy part of their body.

Look around for accommodation, budget accommodation varies from very poor to very comfortable, it may be wise to stay on the outskirts. In the central commercial areas of Hua Hin accommodation is very plush but the price reflects the luxury.

Cigarettes are amazingly cheap, as are jewellery, local handicrafts and clothing. A good quality two piece suit and shirt (silk) can be tailored perfectly to your own design for approximately 3600 Bht (approx £60.00) in most hotels (usually takes about 3 days)
A visit to Bangkok's floating mark…

Related Travel Blogs About Thai me down!

0051 Evening on the Beach (Thai 006—new)
Day 040, 12 hours, 3.9 kms  When I get off at my next random stop I’m quickly surrounded by fellows offering to take me to a hotel.  It looks like Hua Hin is a bit of a tourist trap.… Day 040, 12 hours, 3.9 kms   When I get off at my next random stop I’m quickly…
Thailand Travel Guide
Here’s a guide to travel in Thailand...all prices are in Thai Bhat PLANNING: Thailand is one of the easier countries to travel in. Don’t commit to a fixed itinerary. Part of the fu…Hua Hin, which is a beach resort town popular with Thais. I find it a bit boring. PATTAYA A few hours…

Check Hua Hin Hotel Deals