Thai Wok Restaurant

Thai Wok Restaurant - tom yum koong

Thai Wok Restaurant Male Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
Mar 30, 2007
Thai Wok! You can already guess what they serve in this restaurant from the name. Yes! Thai Food...shiuna, one of my colleague introduced me to this restaurant, its one of her favourite, now its mine too. It's just a block away from the busy main street of Male and of course a walk away from the Jetty 6-7-8. Well - the whole Male is a walkable distance anyway, but this one is really a tiny walk away! The prices are cheap! And the food is really tasty! Tom Yum Koong my favourite Thai soup - is perfect in this place...cant believe this resto is in the Middle of Indian ocean and not in Thailand. I once took all my team out for dinner here - taking it from Shiunas suggestion - we were 10 in total in one table when the bill came I paid only 74USD. isnt that cheap. Most of the portions that they serve are huge so it can be shared by two people. The fried rice that they have can be shared by 3 - although in the menu they indicate this portion as small - they lied! But no worries, coz if you cant finish your food, the waiter will happily offer you to take it away in a doggie bag! hehehe

As this resto is in Male - as usual No Alcoholic beverage (by now this is not surprising!). This place is most of the time full so, it is better to have a reservations specially if you come in group or on the weekends. Also, if you dont have a reservation better come earlier so you can still grab a table. The staff are friendly, not so quick though and sometimes they lack the anticipation (but actually, this is normal in the Maldives - unless if you are in a top luxury resort!). Also, if you are in a hurry - when they serve you your dessert ask for the bill right away as they may take forever to print it and you will miss your boat ride to go back to your little island. You can pay in local currency or in USD or they also accept credit cards.

Check this resto when youre in Male, the food is really good - highly recommended!
Vivek,Shabs, Joshim
Shahid & Shiuna
Majeed & wife
tom yum koong
jenyenh says:
thanks Wencie - but u should also let me know if u plan a trip to male, we might meet up in case Im still here...will invite u to thai wok..
Posted on: Apr 07, 2007
wrnidea says:
I love Tom Yum Koong soup too. I even bought some broths when I was in Bangkok. It's incredible to think that no matter what one goes, Asian food tastes the same.

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out, if I happen to be in Male. Smiles.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2007