Thai Royal Orchid Restaurant

6735 N 1st St Ste 110 93710, Fresno, CA, USA

Thai Royal Orchid Restaurant Fresno Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
they have the best papaya salad! Mar 16, 2015
I was craving for “*Som Tum” aka “Papaya Salad” so, I tagged along my family, we drove off to Fresno, CA – which is a city about forty five miles away from our town.

The restaurant’s location is in an inconspicuous commercial neighborhood. So, I thought maybe this is a place where you pay only for the quality of food, and not for the “ambiance.”

It was busy when we got there, but a sense of quietness is apparent.

Friendly, attentiveness, fast service are some of the qualities I observed among the staff.

The food we ordered were tasty and flavorful. The papaya/mango salad were crunchy and fresh. I just wished; they have added more green papaya. We also ordered Chicken Satay for appetizer. The chicken meat is very tender, and satay sauce is delicious. Pork Fried Rice was well-liked by my daughter. My son did finish the soup he ordered, and when I asked how was it? He said; “just the way I like it!” My husband ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and liked the hint of smokey flavor. I ordered the Green Curry Chicken, but the spiciness was too much for my threshold. So, I ordered another meal which is the Chicken Pad Thai also, but opted for the lunch menu.

Prices are a bit on the expensive side. Sixty bucks for a family of four without drinks and dessert was quite a splurge, I guess. I also think that their serving is ‘stingy."

But, overall, I’d like to go back again, but maybe just me and my husband. I think it is an ideal venue for a date.

* The four star rating is for their Tom Sum or Papaya Salad!
The restaurant's signage
The restaurant from the parking lo…
ample parking lot
Entrance to the restaurant.
cotton_foam says:
Thank you, guys for your comments, votes and smiles! (wink wink)
Posted on: Mar 18, 2015
Nana_gincin says:
Can I repeat?!?!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2015
cimtech says:
I love cooking Thai food :)
Posted on: Mar 17, 2015