Thai Pot Restaurant Ltd.

1 Bedfordbury London WC2N 4BP, Covent Garden, United Kingdom

Thai Pot Restaurant Ltd. Covent Garden Reviews

ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
Obsessed with Thai food? You'll be crazy for Thai Pot. Apr 14, 2011
Prior to flying to London, I was not that crazy for Thai food. But one accidental stop at this resto, after a client visit, changed all that.

After finishing our meeting, we were driving back to proceed to another dinner and drinks meeting, but realized that we were starving already. Earl's court would be a decent 20-25 mins drive away given the traffic madness that night. Very close to the Charing Cross station, we parked the car and looked around and saw this moderately-sized resto which seemed packed. Curious by the way it looked from the outside, plus all the displayed Trip Advisor ratings through the sticker from the entrance door, we went in without any set expectations. What greeted us right away was this amazingly wonderful aroma of food, I could almost smell the authenticity of all the spices in those food! Everyone seemed to be loving their dinner and off we drilled down to the what's not and what's hot in their menu.

Pretty thrilled to find out that everything seemed to be hot and yes I mean that literally, we ordered for an appetizer first while trying to decide which one to order. I eyed their spicy prawn cracker and I am not exaggerating when I say that it is by far, the BEST prawn cracker ever in the world! It is too good that whenever I go back, I always make sure that apart from the appetizer, I order this for take away. When craving strikes or something calls for drinks, this is the perfect appetizer, together with their spicy sweet chili dip. That was the best way to start the meal. I decided that their Tom Yum soup would be the best choice, together with their Thai Prawn red curry. Having such tolerance for hot and spicy food ever since, I specifically requested for it to make it spicier. Yes, I did that, without even trying it yet. Imagine my surprise when I finally got to taste their Tom Yum and Prawn Red curry. It was TOO spicy but absolutely, absolutely DIVINE. It perfectly complements their thai jasmine rice. I'd have to say that what completely won me over was the Tom Yum soup. That was the end-all and be-all of why I was converted to Thai Food. And I've never looked back since.

I've only been here for 2 months now and I've gone to this resto for around 6-7 times now. Some of those times I brought along my friends and some were for business. The owner even recognizes me now and makes sure I get more than enough sweet chili dip and is gracious enough to approach me and my company from time to time to ask how's everything. I find it funny and ironic that I'd find the best Thai food in London but I guess sometimes, life truly does surprise you.

Now go and drop by to try their stuff. I chose them as my first review because hands down, for the location, the quality of food and the service, they're a winner. As for the price, I'd like to believe that it is worth what you pay for. As for me, I plan to eat there as many times as I can this lifetime! Or okay, while I'm in London! ;)
The warm, cozy interiors of Thai P…

Compare London Hotel Rates (3.8km away)

Thai Pot Restaurant Ltd. Map