Thai Pan

(858) 456-8005

Thai Pan La Jolla Reviews

HeatherHop HeatherH…
Tasty Thai Food! Jun 22, 2009
I visited this restaurant on a lunch break while working down in La Jolla. The service was quick and friendly, and the lunch special is very affordable! It comes with soup of the day, a small spring roll or egg roll, steamed rice, and your entree of choice. The portion size was not huge, but was just right. The food was exceptionally good, and all for under $10!!! The lunch special is Monday through Friday from noon until 3pm. Try it if you are in the area!

The coconut milk soup was so good I could have just had a giant vat of that for lunch and nothing else.

The spring roll was nice and refreshing, with a tasty peanut sauce for dipping.

For my main course, I had a tofu and vegetable green curry. They have you choose how spicy you want it on a scale of one to ten, and I chose to have mine be a 7. I like spicy, but can sometimes get frightened by thai spiciness, because I know how spicy thai food can I went with a 7. I think that was a wise decision, because I could taste the heat and liked it, but it wasn't too much for me (beware though, I like spicy things...if you don't like spiciness, choose some low number).

I had planned to take some home with me but it was so good I just ended up eating it all.

My whole lunch was less than $10! (I just drank water though, which was free). If you do go here, keep in mind that they only do credit card or debit payments that are over $10, so I was lucky to have cash with me.

Other than that small little thing, it's an excellent restaurant that I highly recommend!

Check La Jolla Hotel Deals