Thai Moon

Christo Rei Road, Dili, East Timor

Thai Moon Dili Reviews

goezi goezi
Cheap Thai food Oct 28, 2009
Thai Moon was suggested to us by Tom the Aussie. He is a regular here and couldn't say enough about the place. When we were greeting by the staff and shown to our table it reminded me very much of Tuk Tuk that we had been to a couple of times earlier in our stay in Dili.

Thai Moon is on the same stretch of beach as Tuk Tuk (East of Dili, on Christo Rei Road) and basically constructed in the same "temporary" fashion.

The hostess came out after we had settled in with a beer and a menu. She was super friendly and aimed to make our night as easy as possible, ensuring we were comfortable, happy with our drinks and enjoying our evening.

The 25 of us ordered from the extensive Thai menu. Many of the guys went for the curry but I went for a spicy squid dish.

Those that ordered the stock standard were served before the waitress taking orders had got around the whole table. Dishes rolled out steadily at first and then took a little longer. Plates were already being cleared as the last few meals were delivered, the last 3 or four of us chased our orders to make sure they were still coming but we were assured all was under control. In the end everyone had their meals and were satisfied, well everyone but me that was. Unfortunately I had been forgotten and when I noticed I was the last without a dish I asked what had happened and the hostess was left shocked. My meal was quickly cooked and delivered while the others enjoyed another beer.

The best thing about the Thai Moon was the price. Most meals were a good size and only $4-6 in price. The quality of the food was not as good as Tuk Tuk but all good if you're on a tight budget.
Thai Moon banner