Thai Garden

Thai Garden - Outside..

Thai Garden Amarillo Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Thai Garden Sep 13, 2008
I'm driving through Amarillo on what was once a part of Old Rt 66 and I am starving!!!!

From the outside the place looks very uninviting and somewhat ghetto with the barred windows. In fact the entire area had an industrial run down type of atmosphere. But there were plenty of cars parked in the lot when I first pulled in so I figured that it can't be that bad. right?

I walked inside and immediately saw the sign "CASH ONLY" which was a bummer for me since I don't tend to carry cash on me.. The waitress was helpful in directing me to the nearest ATM. While waiting for the ATM to be free I notice that there is another Thai restaurant next door.. I was partially thinking that maybe I should just go there instead, until I asked the woman next to me if she had ever eaten there and if so was it good. She answered that she didn't know but that she owned a Thai place down the street (The same one I just came in from) and assured me that they can make the dishes vegetarian for me..

So back I go!

Inside had a cafeteria like setting with basic no thrill tables and chairs. it looked like it was once a bar judging by the bar table and two pool tables. There were also two wide screen tvs playing the football games for local patrons.. It was def a family friendly place..

The menu was decent, but the dishes had no real descriptions to indicate what they were. I even had to ask the waitress to clarify a couple items for me.

Though there wasn't a vegetarian section on the menu, but several of the dishes could be made with veggies instead of meat. The waitress was very helpful in informing me on what could be altered vs what couldn't.

i ordered the Summer rolls and Pad Ci- U. both were very tasty!! and the portions were rather large.. too large for one person, but great for leftovers!

The summer rolls were HUGE!! Stuffed with lots of fresh cilantro and served with a dipping sauce garnished with peanuts and some shredded carrots..

The Pad Ci-U was a wide rice noodle stir fried with some veggies..

Its def a place that I could come back too. Its not fancy, but the food was fresh and good. I did eventually see the owner, the lady I spoke to by the ATM, come in and work her butt off cooking, cleaning and serving. She came over to make sure that I was enjoying my meal. I also noticed that the people who came in were mostly regulars and had a good rapport with the staff..

The only real downfall of the place was that it smelled like fish inside..
Pool tables and one tv
Summer Rolls
They are BIG! and stuffed with tas…

Check Amarillo Hotel Deals