Thai Amarin

Thai Amarin - inside the restaurant

Thai Amarin Canberra Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Delicious Thai food in Canberra Feb 23, 2011
Thai restaurants are not unpopular in Australia, in fact you can find them everywhere, but finding a really good one might not happen that easily.

I really like Thai food and when my hosts suggested having Thai food for dinner, I couldn't agree more. To make things even better, they are foodies as myself and decided to take some food for their favorite place. That sounded so good!

The restaurant is located in Erindale, in a shopping center. From outside it doesn't look that tempting, but once you are inside things changed. We didn't stay there, since they were about closing, but had enough time to check the dining area while we were waiting for our order.

The decoration is modern and trendy, but without missing the Thai essence. I could also notice, they have been winning awards the past few years. Great! The staff was very helpful and didn't get upset, because we were making them extra time, hehe.

We ordered the following to try:

-Ped Amarin: sauteed prawn with snow peas, baby corn, cashew nuts and fresh chilli

-Pumpkin Kai: stir fry pumpkin with chicken, egg, garlic and shallots.

-Noh Mai: stir fry prawns with asparagus and garlic.

Yes, not coconut milk this time. Who said Thai food is just about coconut milk? Food was delicious. Very tasty and spicy, but not hot.

If you are in the area, I recommend you to try this Thai place. Be aware is not close to downtown.

Like most of the places in Australia is BYO = Bring Your Own wine ;)
name
curry puffs
rice, Noh Mai, Pumpkin Kai & Pen A…
inside the restaurant