Thai Adventure Rafting

053 699 111

Thai Adventure Rafting Pai Reviews

sugarose sugarose
Lifetime experience Oct 14, 2011
This is not the cheapest activity to do in thailand nor is it the cheapest company. Thai Adventure rafting is one of two rafting companies i saw in pai. I know they also do tours in chiang Mai. The tour i did was a two day tour from Pai to close to Mae Hong Son. It was one of the best experiences in my life. I had never done rafting before so i was scared but the owner of the company went through with me and showing me some of the equipment and the reputation of the company in many reviews. He assured me that i would be safe and only guided by someone with years of experience.

We only were three people in our tour plus the guide and a young teenage boy training to be a thai boxer as well as a rafting guide. The french owner went through all the safety information with us warning us of the dangers we could encounter which was valuable information as one of us did end up falling from the raft.

Mike our guide was very knowledgeable of the river as he was from nearby area and had been working with the company for over ten years. He got us to our destinations safely and quickly. One ocassion the rapids were strong and someone fell overboard he reacted quickly and instruct us with wisdom so that we could recover the guy who fell overboard.

His concern was always on our safety as someone who had just started to learn to swim that was of extreme concern especially since the tour included category IV rapids.

The camp we stood at was basic but comfortable. The toilet facilities were clean and so was the shower and the food provided was abundant and delicious. Mike our guide was personable and answered questions not only about the river but about his village and lifestyle.

Lastly, though i did not see monkeys in my tour i did see a lot of species of birds and the river cliffs and waters was simply beautiful.
sugarose says:
yes it is although i was really scared!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2011
Paulovic says:
I did it once in Ecuador! Rafting is very cool!
Posted on: Oct 26, 2011