Thackeray's

27 London Road, Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom

Thackeray's Royal Tunbridge Wells Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
The Best Restaurant In Town! Feb 08, 2011
If you are looking for an excellent meal in Royal Tunbridge Wells and money doesn’t matter too much, then don't even think about going anywhere else, especially not for lunch.

This place is BRILLIANT in every respect and I would highly recommend going here:

I have eaten here at least ten times and not only has every visit been excellent; every individual dish has been superb.

Here are some of things that we just love about this place: The homemade bread is outstanding and they keep offering more with is a bonus! The service is absolutely spot on and is always attentive, never intrusive and is timed to perfection. (Friendly and professional).The food is just simply exceptional; I don’t think I have ever ordered anything from this gorgeous restaurant that I have not absolutely adored! The single thing this restaurant does that blows my mind every time is the food/wine matching. The head waiter has a unique talent to match reasonably priced wines with each and every course. My advice is to take his recommendation with hesitation.

It's ridiculously good value for money. £17.50 for three course set lunch. And that includes as much bread as you could want, an amuse bouche and petit fours. I just can't imagine anywhere you could get three courses for less. Let alone anywhere near this standard. (Anyone that thinks this place is a bit pricey should simply choose the set menu)

Adding wine for each course costs a measly £11. That's less than £4 per glass. Not just any old house wine; it's high quality wine personally matched to each course. They also offer a perfect setting with a great atmosphere and is a great location for that special question or if you plan to impress your guest!

The fact that Thackeray’s is not just good but ALWAYS good and no matter how times I dine there, I still can't think of anything to improve must in my book that this should be on your to do list if your visiting Tunbridge Wells!

Check Royal Tunbridge Wells Hotel Deals